I Just Want to Be a Useless Duke's Daughter - Vol. 1 Ch. 13

Thank you guys for the quick upload! I really like this series so I'm glad to see new chapters

thanks for the super speedy update wasn’t expecting another for a week or two. Amazing person coming through.

I feel this a lot in Chinese manhwa.. The random change in events and how strange the conversations flow..
I’m really not sure if it’s the translation or if the the original manhwa is just of poor quality..

Thank you for the update.

The fancy dragon chair just looks uncomfortable to sit in.

Dex-chan lover
@Trezcast

Poor quality: Her 'endless' achievements so far include allowing her manor to be cleaned, buying a market full of slaves, and emptying a boutique.

Dex-chan lover
That chair must be the most uncomfortable chair in the existence, that metal rod will be grinding your back like a motherfcker

My reaction when this episode ended and didn't go to another one: 😄🙂😮😌😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭nooooooooooo

That chair is made for people with a bad back. It supports the spine by lodging itself between the vertebra and lifting the weight off the lower discs as you sit down. It also makes you slightly taller since it pulls the disc apart. This effect can be amplified or lessened by having a servant turn the knob on the back which rotates the vertebra lifting screw.
Another version with handcuffs also exists and was commonly used for torture

Double-page supporter
The author really didn't seem to have a clear idea of what character he wanted the original Asterin to have. She imitated the more "frugal" Clarence, apparently, but Clarence seemed to be also considered elegant whereas she had dresses that were in tatters and lived in a dusty mansion (literally, as in, she wouldn't allow the servants to clean it). So was she bad at imitating Clarence, on top of it being a bad fit for her? Was the original unable to tell the difference between ratty and understated? And also, from the reaction of the maid just now, she was also apparently haughty, since she never thanked the maids before? So we have someone who at the same time tried to live below her station and pretend she was humble, but also mistreated her servants? That seems contradictory.

Users who are viewing this thread