I Married the Male Lead's Dad - Ch. 22

I liked the way y'all worded the translations! I'm gonna miss y'all 😭. Will you still be posting on your website?

Thank you so much for your work! I enjoyed reading the fast releases because I tend to binge read in one go ;)
Looking forward to your other works too!

ty for the upload !
(also i hope hes not actually mad and is just gonna be whiny about the son's design looking better or something like that lsjflkdsf)

I just want to thanks all translation group. Without you guys, I would get hard time to follow manhwa.

Thanks to every group who translated this awesome manhwa and made it available so fast to the readers!

I thin it should be noted that despite what that note says, Asura has been responsible for the sniping of multiple series in the past.

A snippet from reddit:
It's not really about the sniping at this point, in fact at the end of chapter 22, sawateam did say it was ok to work on the same series, as both translations are quite different from each other. While Sawateam did make some passive aggressive comments, I think it's wrong to make Asura to be the victims in this situation.

Here are my points:

- While it could be argued that Asura did not snipe Sawateam, Asura has had a history of sniping:

Death is the Only Ending for the Villainess first worked on by Bucci Gang/NASS

I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel first worked on by Endless Journey

Saving the Villain Who Was Abandoned by the Female Lead first worked on by Just Do It

- Donations and ad revenue are a big factor in Asura. All these shoujo webtoons (and shonen webtoons) have large volumes of views and they can earn more site traffic on their website so it definitely plays a large part in why they decided to pick up another shoujo webtoon.

- If they didn't snipe first, how come they didn't post on their website on November 30th, instead they posted on December 6? That's an entire week after Sawateam posted on MD first.

- Let's say they really started it on November 30th, maybe they really did. Why is there a need to dump 20 chapters at once a week after? I can see it not being a problem if they did it on November 30th, but it's just a really scummy move. It feels planned and calculated. Every time a second group dumps a bunch of chapters a week later, now the original group has to stop what they were doing, and work their asses off until they catch up. I can speak for this because as a scanlator myself, dumping chapters like that feels awful.

- Sawateam made a post at the end of ch 11 on the same day claiming they were sniped. But maybe they didn't see their "proof", it's the first impression from sawateam and in my opinion it's justified.

Asura responds back by saying sawateam started drama, but asura actually started first by posting an entire week with a ch 20 dump and calls it shoujo drama (which is pretty sexist) and how they, a male group aren't going to partake in this shoujo drama. They said they just wanted to release what they've worked on but if that's the case, why didn't they contact Sawateam about this? They clearly could've avoided drama like they claimed they wanted to do. They don't want to entertain shoujo drama, but why do they continue to bash them in their own server?

- Asura shades sawateam in their own server. I will not provide screenshots. It's all available in their server. Just gotta dig for it.

- Sawateam posts their "Stan Asura Corner" and it's positive but passive aggressive AF and in response, Asura tries to play the "bigger person" in this situation, and is being manipulative-

EDIT: I FORGOT TO FINISH THIS PART LOLthey use sawateam as a cover, that they felt bad about making their team members work and it got in the way of their studies, but if they really did feel bad, again, they could've contacted sawateam, or drop the series earlier not later.

Kinda going back to the donation/ad revenue thing, their motivation is site traffic and posting first on their own website and then MD after to earn some money so when sawateam was able to catch up and pass asura, there was no point in working on it anymore as they would not get the views on their website and the money they gain from it.

Anyways, these are my 2 cents. I'm not saying sawateam is the victim in this, but asura is definitely not the victim this entire time. There are more points I can make to back this up, but some people have already mentioned them here.

-----

I don't really consider Death is the Only Ending for the Villainous as a snipe, however, since Bucci Gang hadn't touched it in months.

Double-page supporter
@RB_02
Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Group Leader
You guys are dropping? I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you reconsider and pick it up again. I don't mind a little competition.

Don't worry, you didn't affect anyone's school work. Not sure if you read the same note, but she really thanked you cuz she was able to get her schoolwork done because I came back from hiatus. Not sure why you would feel like you delayed her school work. Don't worry, I didn't come back from hiatus only because of you either. I was already planning on coming back recently.

Respect, I am glad to see groups end things like this amicably. I honestly dont think anyone is at fault and it was just a poorly timed scenario. Look forward to reading your other releases.

I felt cozy when I read the story with your scanlations. I understand the story was indeed very good that one would feel like continuing it as a project. It is a farewell to you as a scanlator to this one, but let's all read it till the end🤓
And I hope that now that Sawateam has the project all to itself, please I hope you scanlate it till the end and may this never be dropped aur cancelled by you and the author😜

Users who are viewing this thread