I Married the Male Lead's Dad - Ch. 24

Suspicious, if she'd taken the medicine since young and not recently after her "resurrection" it can either be (A) Suppressant of her Light Power since she may have too large of it that her body can't sustain it or (B) Body Enhancer to strengthen her body which may be too susceptible to "filth" because of her her too pure bloodline.

Aggregator gang
Yeeeeeaaaaaah, the pain seems more like withdrawals rather than actual pain in her body. Or like the power many people say she has, surging in her body.

yall thought this is fluffy feelgood romcom manhwa? Its gonna get dark yo yall cant handle the shit MC is going through (she cursed af)

N2O

Dex-chan lover
hmm, I kinda would have preferred it if she wouldn't turn out to be some omega uber saint 2000 but it looks like that's where we're probably heading to

Dex-chan lover
@N2O I mean, the first thing we're told about her family is that they were going eugenics for when the Saintess is reborn in their family. That was kinda something the author made clear from the start.

100% that "medication" is suppressing her abilities and when she doesn't take them her power is too much for her body to handle? I wonder if the temple has sinister motivations and is actually trying to suppress her abilities because they don't want a Saint around to take away power and authority from the temple?

N2O

Dex-chan lover
@BalrogDeMorgoth yes thank you, I see we read the same manga. They also established that there was another saintess in the original story where MC died so one could hope that this would remain the case (minus the death), because the way this is looking is that MCs powers are held at bay by the medicine so that it can at some later point be transferred to a more "fitting" saintess, resulting in MC's planned-since-birth death, which 1) seems kind of a bit too contrived for drama to be interesting with this style of narration, 2) is something I'd just not prefer to have in my relatively lighthearted romcom, even if it's not this exact scenario I described but just the general idea of what has been foreshadowed. There's a bunch of things I'd love to see in this, but the struggles/duties/triumphs/whatever of her being a saintess is just not one of them

Dex-chan lover
Um.. why did everything get so suspicious this chapter? With the temple and her pops
Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread