I Married the Male Lead's Dad - Ch. 29

@Aufa23 there is a link to the raws under the manga description 😊

Does it make me a bad person that I’m looking forward to her withdrawal symptoms? I want to see how well the creators depict the experience but mostly I want to see the boy’s take care of her 🥰 Also seeing her become OP will be AMAZING!

I'm enjoying the story overrall, but the whole villian arc is a little ridiculous and could have major negative consequences. Asking to investigate the temple while she's there is practically screaming that Hades knows something, but implying Aisha is being held against her will also implies that Aisha doesn't know her own power. If I was in charge of the evil temple, the logical thing to do would be to launch a "rescue" to kill or silence Hades and get Aisha out before she figured anything out. On the other hand, if they just did nothing but investigate the temple the temple would have the same amount of suspicion but realize it would be harder to shove this under the rug. Rather than just silencing Hades, they have to silence or kill him and Aisha with extreme risk of having the plan blow up in their faces.

Basically, this idiotic "villian" scheme gives the temple an excuse to meddle. It would be extremely suspicious if they sent soldiers into the Duchy based on nothing public, but now they have a plausible reason to be there. This scheme exists purely for the narrative to steer towards the temple attacking them, not for any logical in-universe reason. Despite what Hades says, the temple has no reason to believe he doesn't know about Aisha if he LOCKS HER UP WHILE INVESTIGATING THEM.

@craycraypear No, I know that, but... just because someone died for her idol doesn't make them a trustworthy person. Commendable, maybe, but that doesn't translate directly to being trustworthy.

Sure, she might have other reasons to trust him, but I don't think he's earned her trust that much more than everyone else she's ever met in this world

Dex-chan lover
dang wtf he was actually kinda attractive this chapter

Good naming of the story :) Made this easygoing read turn into something I curiously await.

Damn this was such a good chapter. I have to say it really hammered home in the last page. This isn't one of the other isekai where the source material didn't matter at all. Literally Aisha's growing so much because of it. She doesn't follow exactly the plot of the OG novel, she realized that things were off, and is smart enough to not follow the OG story where the church is all good. I'm glad this story isn't just a "HIS SON IS THE BEST I LOVE HIS CHARACTER" kind of deal.

This twist has legit got me enjoying this series.
At first, I figured this was going to be some generic, slice-of-life isekai where the main character messes with the plot enough to have a happy ending with the ML... Nope! We got a mystery a=on our hands!
It'll be interesting to see why the temple is doing this. I'm guessing it's because they wanted a regular girl to be the saintess since having noble would probably make it harder to control her. Even worse if said noblewoman turns out to be part of the first saintess's bloodline.

I really want mooore!! lol

Let’s not forget she came back from the “dead” too. That’s even more of a reason for the temple to keep an eye on her, and to keep her powers from manifesting. For all we know, she might be directly related to the saintess.

Users who are viewing this thread