I might actually get roped into yaoi, what to do!?

I never really fancied or even cared about yaoi before but my friendskeep trying to convince me into reading it. I actually read one and thinked that it wasn't that bad(i might be going crazy)i think it's one of those genre's that once yuo read theres no getting out of it......

Group Leader
@asianskill
Hard to deny that... You see, in most manga (generic) whenever a BL-like misunderstanding occurs, It's always the girls who go "OMG!~" 😅😂
@secretspade
Do you mean yaoi as in H yaoi or just love yaoi?

@secretspade (pls ignore the comments that are making it seem like something terrible, bc it's honestly not. )
Honestly it's not like BL is a fandom, I know from the outside it seems that way, but in reality it's just another romance genre but just not straight. A lot of people fetishize same-sex relationships, and that makes people who haven't read it yet be weary of trying to read it.
Also please remember that there's a difference between yaoi and shounen ai. yaoi has more of those scenes, while shounen ai doesn't. If you decide to start reading any then I suggest starting with shounen ai (if you're using the mangadex tag) You'll find a lot of stories that are pretty amazing.
All people are different, and you can see that in manga/webtoons/etc. They're just romantic relationships between humans by the end of the story.
If you want to talk about the "different tension" thing, then that exists in all romantic relationships.
If you just want to read manga, then just read it.
So in the end , if you start choosing to read non-hetro romantic relationships, there's nothing wrong with it, and you don't need to be worried about "being roped in" .
It's your choice, no one can "force" you to start reading it. If you read it, then okay, if you don't , then that's okay too.

first its okay to be gay, or reead gay stuff.(im not using gay as the word stupid i mea literall gay)
second u ignore ur friend wwhen he/she talks about it. just say to them nah i dont wanna
third: stop reading manga 4 a while

Aggregator gang
@secretspade Be firm to your friend. If your friend forces you anyway, be even more firm. He/she still pushes it? Then your friend got issues. You may fight because of that? Well not much of a friend now, was she/he?

Being "roped" into something you don't like while you are not firm in rejecting it, however, is your own fault. So make sure your friend realize that you really dont want to be pushed into reading what you don't want first.

Oh my, this is quite serious. If you are a guy, there is a PR/dev on this site that can definitively help you. I highly recommend having a chat session with them over discord if you start developing a thing for yaoi, traps, or cross dressing. I felt like I had reached enlightening last I heard from them. The talk inspired the creation of a nation in my novel and I can assure you everyone has been very happy in it

Dex-chan lover
Unless you live in a country where it's against the law, I don't see the problem. If it entertains you, it's fulfilling the purpose of manga 100%. It's all up to the individual. Not all men like to read yuri, not all women consume yaoi. As a guy, I have only read very few pure yuri/shoujo ai series, zero pure yaoi/shounen ai series, despite having read hundreds of manga in general. It's not really my thing, but it's not because I'd have something fundamental against it, and I certainly won't be going around telling people not to enjoy those categories. I merely like the whole man vs woman setting, the women are from Venus, men from Mars thing (although I haven't read that book and know nothing of its contents). There's an interesting tension between a man and a woman, which doesn't exist between two girls or two boys, at least not in the same form and in fiction.

Also, please ignore blfanacount.

Group Leader
QueasyBeneficialCub-size_restricted.gif

Dex-chan lover
There's only one solution: You have to kill your friend.

I'm sorry OP. I wish it could've turned out differently too...
Z5GMAwnm.jpg

It's all about entertainment. Our brain is so dumb that it will entertain himself with anything if left to its own devices. See where this is going? If you feel moraly shamed for consuming such kind of entertainment find something el se equally or even more entertaining which you can enjoy.

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123 @sterven
Even if it's for the best, taking human life is never easy the first time around.

OP will need a shoulder (or three) to cry on when it's all said and done.

Let's all be sure to stick around and give our support.

cA67zhBt.jpg

@secretspade
Remember to wear gloves.

Dex-chan lover
I once got roped into Yaoi once, it was Crossdressing one tho, It was a year ago, I somehow was able to stop myself, but to be honest I still find myself reading Crossdressing hentai sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
only good yaois are crossdressing ones. i wont except anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread