I Raised the Beast Well

Thank you for the update ❤️❤️ I’m so in love with this story already! I’m trying to resist reading the web novel

Double-page supporter
This is really cute I feel alive. Thanks Bored Corona Kids

Edit: do support the artist by visiting the original at naver! Just skim through the available chapters and give them a heart. Link at the front page

@YourTipicalMangaDexAccount Yez, in my opinion
He ditches
the FL's mom because the castle was his "reality" or whatever, keeping her waiting forever. She goes through lots of trouble and even dies waiting for him and tbh he really doesn't seem like he gives a fuck.
He lets his other 2 children
trample over the FL, and even tells the FL to know her place and isolates her I think??? Either way, he completely ignores her.
He's like Claude from WMMAP in a sense tbh

@06790679 I don't really see it that way
he didn't ditch the fl mother, he had to leave (if he wanted a chance to the crown) and later decided (maybe forgot) that the responsibilities of the crown were more important than his summer love (as far as I understood, they didn't spent too much time together), at best, he broke a promise to come back in sake of the nation's stability, at worst, he forgot or decided that she wasn't worth it, in the perspective you decide to see it, it may even be seen as a good point to his character.
Important point: this is only valid if he didn't know that she was pregnant
now, there's still hasn't been any moment where the siblings bully her in front of him, so can you say he let's them do it? She also haven't told him so how could he know?
Her position is indeed different, for starters, shes a commoners child, so most probably she won't be taking the crown, why have her meddle with politics? He even gives her a nice place to live, in a castle besides the one where he lives, with a personal maid of her age and caretakers, if anything, they only thing he would be guilty of is lack of conversation, and because of the low chapter count as of now, that point is also something we will have to see.
He won't get close to her so easily or fast, after so many years, and even when he tested the waters it was obvious how she didn't like him, so I really don't think they will bond any time soon without a reason. and also he can't force the sibling to be loving to her, having them separated daily is a good decision in my opinion.

@YourTipicalMangaDexAccount
In my opinion, it would be pretty obvious that the king had some idea that his children were bullying Blondina. I mean, maybe he didn't know clearly but there should be slight hints (like during the banquet when they were discriminating her) that they were trying to block her out.
Also,
The king didn't really "need" to take over the throne. He stated that he "did it for her", and then he never went back. Even though he knew he promised, Blondina's mom was "out of sight out of mind" or something, so she was like a "mirage". He ended up never going back.
He has kids Blondina's age, which means that he either already had a wife before he met Blondina's mom (which is adultery, although I'm assuming mistresses exist in that world it's still kinda fucked up), or that he just discarded Blondina's mom for another woman, which is repulsive. He clearly still remembers her but ditched her. If he had to leave and considered the probability of never coming back, then he should have considered not promising her in the first place, causing her to wait the rest of her life and eventually die.
Besides that, think about the fact that he fights over the throne most likely killing tons of innocents just for his love and then basically doesn't make the effort to find her again.
Yes, he let her live quietly and even gave her a castle but
honestly, if he'd just been nicer to her in the first place and not grabbed her face then maybe she would've liked him more. He only locked her up because apparently he doesn't want other people to "know his weakness". So it's about him again, not really him caring about Blondina.

Blondia has her ditzy moments, but she's surpassingly mature, especially considering this doesn't have time travel and she's not an adult in a child's body. I really liked her in chapter 11. She had a realistic view of her situation and, even though her siblings are terrible to her, she still understands why they're acting this way.

@Nightwing2020 To be fair, I think it's more realistic for the siblings to be hostile towards Blondia than to like her. Introducing a new sibling means a disruption in the line of succession. And even if the person isn't ahead of you in the line of succession, they could still beat you if they gain enough support. Also, the father hasn't done anything to stop it. It's true that the father probably doesn't know exactly what his children do all day, but he should have known it was likely that Blondia would have been bullied. Yet he hasn't really done anything to help Blondia fit in.

Blondia herself comments on their behavior in chapter 11 where she notes that they must feel like someone is intruding in their territory. We also see that Blondia's sister sees her siblings as obstacles to the throne. Her brother is the heir despite her being more competent than him. She knows she has to play nice with him until it's time to take his position. And now Blondia has taken her position as the sole princess. That's got to sting. She's definitely being set up as an antagonist to Blondia.

An mc that so far isn't just a block of "I'm pretty love me" is quite refreshing and super likable, the art is cute and simple too, thanks for translating.

Users who are viewing this thread