I Shall Master This Family - Vol. 1 Ch. 12

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE. What an amazing job! As always excellent translation, edition, etc. I wait anxiously for the next chapter. Fiorentina is so cute :3

Dex-chan lover
This is how you properly show of a character's intelligence and have mc as a child involve in business, by manipulating the person you know with skill/knowledge to get involve.

Its a pleasant surprised that the merchant was not trying to rip-off the family but he himself just thought it was good money and was the one getting getting ripped.

The eldest son is such a fool.

I like that the merchant was willing to do legitimate business, instead of just doubling down. The whole scene actually played out to be more complicated than I expected, which is a pleasant surprise.

I’m glad she roped her dad back into the business. He seems like the type to avoid any and all attention. He definitely needs to be constantly pushed.

Fed-Kun's army
I understand the dad wants to avoid conflict, but if he keeps trying to hide and being a push over he’s placing him and his daughter in danger. 😤

Fed-Kun's army
I was pleasantly surprised that the merchant was the one that was scammed and ill-informed, not out to cheat others of their money. I love how it wasn't the "oh this young child is very smart and I will listen to her", the pushing and set-up for the father to show his knowledge is very nicely done!

I had to keep telling myself she's pushing her dad out of his comfort zone in order to 1 save his life 2 save her family...and thought she might know it yet to save the 2nd prince

Group Leader
I very much look forward to releases of this series 😊 it's so unique, original and refreshing! None of that eerily, creepy and smart super baby and everyone going cheesily goo goo gaga over her. even though she's mentally older, she strategically plays the role of a child very well! And her father is so lovable. Not the 'look at me and I'll kill you' overused trope.

@starartx I actually think that's going to be something that Tia will address in this life. I think in the previous life, the father kept very much to himself and didn't want to get involved with the family politics but simply wanted to give Tia a peaceful and happy life befitting of a noble lady (however he died earlier). And he thought that the best way to do that was distance himself from the family hierarchy assuming that as long as him and his daughter don't get involved, the rest of the family will leave them alone.

I'm sure that one of the major character development for the father will be him understanding that to protect Tia, he must take a more active stance in the family inner struggle for power. I don't think he was necessarily a pushover, but rather someone who just simply didn't care. He didn't have the ambitions and desire to become rich and powerful. He just wanted to be happy and work on his craft and spend time with his daughter. This life tho, he'll surely be forced to take a more proactive and aggressive stance.

I really appreciate that the dad is getting written like a full blown character rather than just a caricature to make the MC look good. He's a sweetheart but clearly less confident and assertive than Tia is and I feel like we'll actually get a growth arc for him

But also, the grandpa is also a doting grandfather?? I didn't expect that lol

Daddy is for real so cute but he just need more opportunity to show off his knowledge

Users who are viewing this thread