I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 11 Ch. 54

I feel like these last few chapters are really starting to finally show the author's true colors. They're so obsessed with this whole idea of being turbo down bad for a teen but not touching her so that they can then be called so amazing for not being a pedophile

It's the central flaw of this manga - how rather than just dealing with this whole case of a loner adult sheltering a teenager, it just HAS to also make sure to highlight her as cute as possible and how nice of a guy he is for not touching her. This sort of stuff is just simply unnecessary and makes it come off as the author fetishizing the whole thing.
As much as I hope they don't get together, showing something in a fictional setting isn't promoting something in a real world setting. Accusing the author of fetishism is off-side.

Dex-chan lover
As much as I hope they don't get together, showing something in a fictional setting isn't promoting something in a real world setting. Accusing the author of fetishism is off-side.
Where did I mention that it's promoting anything? My central point is that the story is bringing too much attention to two facts: a.) that she's cute, b.) that he's not touching her, despite finding her cute.

Normally (ok, normally in the west), to tell a story like this, the author shouldn't be highlighting her looks or his self-restraint at all, since the audience should be auto-assuming that he's not having the hots for her. A good example of this sort of story is the film "Leon the professional". In that film, the setup is very similar, with a teen girl being 'lost' and approaching this very lonely grown man, who shelters her and makes her feel needed again, except the film tried very hard not to have any pedophilic or groomer vibes whatsoever. The dude didn't give a shit about her from a sexual manner.

So you can absolutely tell this story WITHOUT sexualizing any of it. Yet the author chose to do so. Why? I think, because they like playing along this taboo line.

Of course, the real answer that no one will ever want to admit is that it's just japan's culture being absolutely turbo fucked up when it comes to these subjects. Not a very popular opinion in a forum thread 54 chapters deep into a grooming/pedophilia-vibe manga, yes :)

But I still find it important to at least highlight it and remind readers that a lot of people outside of these manga circles that have become very stockholmed to how manga are written, will find this entire manga absolutely abhorrent.
Heck, the other comment quoting me was saying it's just a "story of forbidden love." Who the fuck uses language like that. "Forbidden love". Can we please not normalize this stuff?

All fiction carries a message, either intentional or not. It reveals something about the author. It doesn't have to be conscious, it doesn't have to be promoting anything. It's just a view that the author ingrains into his work. This manga could have had the exact same story, but presented in a way so so, SOOO different from how it did that I personally really think it's ingrained with something pretty rotten.

And yes, this was somewhat clear from very early chapters, but I think the author kept trying to make it seem like they 'weren't going to go there'. Yet these last few chapters have been screaming 'I will go there'. They have already, tbh, regardless of what happens next, because these chapters are specifically so focused on the MC revealing he really did have the hots for her from the very start. This was something the manga was pretty careful about up to now. So I don't think it was obvious from the start. It's something that finally hit the point of no return recently and so it's time to give the manga some criticism on how it's handling the subject. Since, again, the ambiguity is now gone - he's into the teenager. I feel this sort of comment was pointless at the start since it could have still gone any direction, it was just walking a fine line.

Last edited:
My central point is that the story is bringing too much attention to two facts: a.) that she's cute, b.) that he's not touching her, despite finding her cute.
I'm a bit confused...is this all going back to the discussion with his brother saying he first let her stay because her face was cute? Your read on this is one point of view for sure but there are tons of ways you can take that line and their relationship, and a lot of outcomes folks can hope for, for more reasons than being into the taboo.

Plot-wise the characters already acknowledged their complicated relationship and settled into something familial+ for now in the dialogue they've spoken themselves. Like yeah, folks tend to be a little bit more kind if they find someone cute or charming. He feels bad about it but it wasn't like the others. I don't think he brought her back just for sex even while drunk and I don't think he super wants it right now, though it may change. they're just Aware of each other.

To me, the story is about the complexities of love, (and again, this could be friendly, familial, romantic, sexual), between strangers in the shadow of a traumatic background, and how clumsy even adults can be. Sayu and Asami are kids who need support, but they're pretty mature and getting more so by the chapter, aware of their position in the world, the dangers they can be in, and doing their best to help and survive. Contrasted by Yoshida who really didn't think about what he was getting into as he still dealt with his own difficulties with relationships after the breakup in HS, the brother's struggles to connect with and support Sayu, her mother's emotional abandonment, and the awkward games of cat and mouse that just end up backfiring for Yoshida's senpai and kouhai.

Are you sure you should be reading this anyway? Like the title and premise alone are a big "will he or won't he?" indicator. There's going to be comments and questions from characters and fans on his feelings about her and their romantic potential.

To have something where it's never brought in question in a story in a modern setting, especially considering Sayu's history thus far with the men she's stayed with, would be way more unrealistic and rose-tinted. It's brought up a lot because people are worried. They feel the alternative for Sayu is deperate and scary but they don't want to just leave her with Yoshida if he could be taking advantage of her. And even though they're friends with or in love with him, they still reasonably question his motives and concern themselves with the potential that love and desire can change forms over time.

If the thought that it could swing romantic is that upsetting it may not be a good idea to engage with this sort of manga.

I'll also say the stolkholmed reader comment is very condescending. Between the tags and premise people would generally know what they're getting into, and would typically read it because they're interested in the outcome, however it swings. Yes, various types of endings can be more important to some based on their personal feelings, interests, or experiences, but lashing out at or belittling folks who may want something different isn't standard or okay.

That bit about insulting an entire culture too... Japan absolutely does not have the monopoly on fucked up culture on what I assume you're saying is the subject of romance for underage persons. We're conflating the real world and an author's story here, but I will address both: I've yet to run into a real world society without a problem, and the various countries in the west are not only not the most progressive all around, they aren't the standard to which all other places should ve held on every subject. Concerning kids for instance, even the U.S., as loud as dialogue is concerning their development and well being, still allows child marriage and makes divorce for them hard. And there is pushback on getting these things outlawed.

You can have your thoughts on how different places handle real issues, and I encourage you to fight the good fight in the right place, but to judge group of people for fictional stories you're seeking out that aren't even exclusive to them? It's certainly not all of their literature, not even everyone there is into it, just like elsewhere, and it is not The Problem.

Also, forbidden love is a genre encompassing a multitude of relationship-types. Social status, age, wealth, culture, etc all come into play. It's not "normalizing" anything if it's classified as forbidden...? And for this story, if it were normal in this setting no character would be worried about MC or the girl at all.

We'll see how it plays out, but at the very least it's good that Sayu found the support she needed to try going back home, and nearly all of Yoshida's other love interest got some emotional development of their own.

Aggregator gang
I really hope this will end with a happy father/daughter ending like 'who made me a princess' (read it if you haven't, pretty similar to this Manga) and not a grooming ending, but we'll see

Dex-chan lover
The true target audience right there.

I feel like these last few chapters are really starting to finally show the author's true colors. They're so obsessed with this whole idea of being turbo down bad for a teen but not touching her so that they can then be called so amazing for not being a pedophile. (Congrats, have a medal). Now all that's lacking is for her to move away for a year, come back when she's technically an adult and then they hook up and we went from pedo vibes to grooming.

It's the central flaw of this manga - how rather than just dealing with this whole case of a loner adult sheltering a teenager, it just HAS to also make sure to highlight her as cute as possible and how nice of a guy he is for not touching her. This sort of stuff is just simply unnecessary and makes it come off as the author fetishizing the whole thing. If we were being serious about the topic, then there wouldn't be any focus on him not touching her, it'd just be some story of an interesting circumstance (ofc the whole premise as a whole is bs anyways, since if he wasn't a PoS, he'd have just turned her in to the cops.)

Anyways, sorry for the negativity but wanted to get it out there. I'm just around to see what the author's endgame here is
Where exactly did the MC groom her? Where did he mold her to be his type? Where did he raise her to act specific ways to his liking? Where did he prepare her for her to know his sexual tastes? As far as I'm concerned he watched over her like an older brother helping their younger sister. To say he groomed her in any way is pure ignorance of what that word means which is to prepare or train someone. Well he certainly didn't train her and he wasn't really preparing her for anything initially. Till midway through the story where she wanted to finally go back home and settle things with her family realizing she can't be with the MC forever. A decision she made for herself not the MC. So no he did not groom her.

This is something that annoys me with people like you. You throw around words acting like they describe the medium when that is far from the truth. The dude did not groom her at all and throughout the entire story this was more like a father/older brother helping out a young runaway girl. Could it be taken sexually? Yes and the story has made mention to the fact and explored it. Even tho the MC is a good guy there's a lot to take into consideration of housing a young runaway girl. From how it looks from outsiders perspective, how his relationship may change with her and so on.

I really hope this will end with a happy father/daughter ending like 'who made me a princess' (read it if you haven't, pretty similar to this Manga) and not a grooming ending, but we'll see
Curious where he groomed her if it does end that way.
Concerning kids for instance, even the U.S., as loud as dialogue is concerning their development and well being, still allows child marriage and makes divorce for them hard. And there is pushback on getting these things outlawed.
I'm sorry could you not throw blatant bullshit without a back up to that claim. As far as I'm aware as someone that does live in the U.S child marriages are not a thing. If you mean marriage at 16 that still requires parental permission to even be allowed. Also divorces are not hard to do. Not sure if you're aware but divorces are a big thing in the U.S and are quite easy to do.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Where exactly did the MC groom her? Where did he mold her to be his type? Where did he raise her to act specific ways to his liking? Where did he prepare her for her to know his sexual tastes? As far as I'm concerned he watched over her like an older brother helping their younger sister. To say he groomed her in any way is pure ignorance of what that word means which is to prepare or train someone. Well he certainly didn't train her and he wasn't really preparing her for anything initially. Till midway through the story where she wanted to finally go back home and settle things with her family realizing she can't be with the MC forever. A decision she made for herself not the MC. So no he did not groom her.

This is something that annoys me with people like you. You throw around words acting like they describe the medium when that is far from the truth. The dude did not groom her at all and throughout the entire story this was more like a father/older brother helping out a young runaway girl. Could it be taken sexually? Yes and the story has made mention to the fact and explored it. Even tho the MC is a good guy there's a lot to take into consideration of housing a young runaway girl. From how it looks from outsiders perspective, how his relationship may change with her and so on.

I never said it was full-blown depiction of grooming. I said it has pedophilic vibes, given how the artist is framing it by highlighting that she's very cute and he likes her and such. It's not so much about the actual plot here, but just the presentation of it that really doesn't pass 'the vibe check' so to speak. My grooming comment is due to what's happening now, where it's starting to really look like he'll now wait out her coming of age.

My issue is just the more subtle aspects of how the artist is drawing all this, giving it a sort of 'I won't directly write this, but I quite want to'.

LMAO why did they draw only this panel like this
xawIJWg.png
they are ZOINKED tf out

Staff
Super Moderator
@omuricescans There are two missing pages in this chapter:

I could add the first image into the chapter myself since there is no text. However, the 2nd missing page does contain dialogue that needs to be translated.

EDIT: This is now fixed.

1715053706070.png
1715053730731.png

1715053780864.png
1715053796532.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread