I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 11 Ch. 51

MD@Home
The scanlation would very much benefit from a QC pass. This chapter had randomly changing fonts, repeating sentences, missing parts of sentences, and plain old translation issues - the whole package.

Or maybe it was all that noticeable because it feels like the chapter had about next to nothing in terms of content... :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
She said the same line on the two bubbles in page 13.
Without access to the original Japanese, but based on context, I'm going to guess the mistake here is that one of those lines is supposed to say "But I'm pretty sure that I'd be better off if you decided to go back home", while the other line remains "But I'm pretty sure you'd be better off if you decided to go back home".

Seems like it's a pretty common mistake by fan translators and AI translations to mix up the you's and I's that gets implied in Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Sayu is, what, 16 by now? Perhaps it's the old fogey in me, but two years is not that much to endure. If she can bear with it, she can get through those years, become an adult, and come back. It will be a grueling two years, certainly, but I bet she could tolerate it knowing that she has a place she can go back to.

Group Leader
The scanlation would very much benefit from a QC pass. This chapter had randomly changing fonts, repeating sentences, missing parts of sentences, and plain old translation issues - the whole package.

Or maybe it was all that noticeable because it feels like the chapter had about next to nothing in terms of content... :thonk:
you are right, we need a Quality Checker who is pretty much all rounder. But we are not getting one...

Group Leader
We have
Without access to the original Japanese, but based on context, I'm going to guess the mistake here is that one of those lines is supposed to say "But I'm pretty sure that I'd be better off if you decided to go back home", while the other line remains "But I'm pretty sure you'd be better off if you decided to go back home".

Seems like it's a pretty common mistake by fan translators and AI translations to mix up the you's and I's that gets implied in Japanese.
real translators not AI but these things happen . Sorry

Last edited:
Group Leader

Where did you see random fonts?
Speech bubbles: Pulpfiction
Narrations: CCMeanwhile
Borderless Texts: Soapy hands
SFX: closest to the original
These are designated fonts and I checked the typesetter used these perfectly. Yes, the sfx has diff fonts in diff places to get along with the storytelling. And it's good to use variety of fonts in case of sfx.

Users who are viewing this thread