I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Fed-Kun's army
YOU ASKED FOR INCELS?
im coming for you anon with 2 lovers
UNACCEPTABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dex-chan lover
Yup, I sure believe you Mr. Anon on the internet who would neeeeeever lie. yup.

Ehhh this kinda unnecessary drama makes me not want to read it anymore but Ill probably find myself back in the comments section next chapter

Dex-chan lover
I am cool with that player getting stabbed. Kill the fucker. I don't care if someone has multiple lovers/open relationship, but be open about that from the START, not trying to play them without letting em know at first. The problem is the kinda selfish and entitled and shallow douche he is. I want him dead.

Also, anon-staff, your two lovers are "right" and "left" eh? :)

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, this take may be controversial, but I can sympathize with Yaguichi a bit.

Don't get me wrong, he's a scumbag but I don't think he's doing it maliciously and I don't think he fully understands that what he's doing is wrong.

I think what we're seeing here is a classic case of an Anti-Social Personality Disorder, as he shows most of the traits like a lack of empathy and egocentric behavior. I don't think we should look at him with disgust or hatred, but I think that he's sick more or less, and needs help. He's not trying to be a bad person and I think he does regret his actions to some extent, even if it's just because of the consequences.

Here's a list of symptoms and I'll put a check mark on ones he's shown on this chapter alone.
[ul]Disregard for right and wrong ✔
Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others ✔
Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others ✔
Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure ✔
Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated ✔
Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty ✔
Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead ✔
Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others ✔
Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others
Poor or abusive relationships ✔✔✔✔
Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them ✔
Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations ✔[/ul]

The author does a good job of painting Yaguichi as this lonely and distant man who doesn't quite seem to understand people or that he has trouble with social cues, and he seems to genuinely have fallen for all of the people he had a relationship with, he just didn't understand why they didn't accept it. Normally I'm fine with polyamory if everyone in the relationship consents to it before hand, but he clearly didn't inform them until after the fact. I also think that even though he went through and had sex with her, he's slowly realized that it was wrong to some extent and seeks atonement for it one some level that's not immediately clear. Like he wants to see a girl like Sayu again in order to right his own wrongs to a degree whilst also feeling that he needs that love and support that he's otherwise unable to get.

I hope that his arc is learning how what he did was wrong and growing to work past his mental disorder and learning to work with new thinking methods and being able to grow as a person. I don't think this is going to be the stereotypical "NTR Bad guy" and I think there's quite a bit of nuance to his character that will allow him to grow as a person.

But that's just my two cents and I feel like I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this.

I hope staff anon's two lovers consent to it is all I can say about that matter.

I think what he needs most is help, both professional and emotional. I think his disorder has ruined his life and it made him unable to connect with people or social norms enough to distinguish right from wrong which ends up consistently blowing up in his face in ways he can't understand on a cognitive level. I feel like if he's treated with violence that it diminishes the point of his character and kinda leads him to feel less like someone who's trying to handle his own internal struggles and conflicts and more like another stereotypical bad guy, which is a waste in my opinion. @TheGodEmperor

Contributor
Was expecting the comments section to be more of a graveyard, given the first page warning, but regardless:

why.png

Dex-chan lover
I think people are gonna take my comment the wrong way, in which case you will probably enjoy the fallout very much, if the sass in that image alone is to be believed. @Justforthelulz

Contributor
@Tamerlane
I think there's quite a bit of nuisance to his character that will allow him to grow as a person.
Freudian slip or autocorrect madness? I know you probably meant 'nuance', but the replacement word works just as well.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane There is no "cure" for anti-social disorder (aka a clinical sociopath). There is no "learning" for them far as I can recall from the psych studies I have done (though I am no expert). That kinda person... just kill em or lock em away. There's 7 billion of us. He has no real care for how he harms others. He's detrimental to society and the greater good. But, that's from my utilitarian stand point. If he was actually not causing harm/using people like he did/does, I wouldn't care, but he's scum. He's already proven through actions to be scum. He should die.

@TheGodEmperor lol you are the edgiest man alive huh? Did you rehearse yourself saying something like that wearing a sasuke cosplay too?
I bet you did

Is... Isn't this textboot psychopathy? Like, Sex and the Psychopath style? Yikes yikes yikes infinite yikes

Dex-chan lover
@Kanami-chan lol marginalized group of people? Please. Sociopaths have no place in the world should they actually act on their sociopathic tendencies. It's bad enough that business executives are 4 times more likely to be sociopaths than the average person so they are already pushing business and legal policies (cause of how much corporations bribe politicians), they are ruining the world. From a pure utilitarian perspective, they gotta go.

@MrFixit lol I don't think you know what edgy means, kid :)

Dex-chan lover
Isolating people with mental health issues probably isn't the wisest decision, and he hasn't done anything technically illegal that could get him locked up. He's not completely devoid of empathy, he just has a harder time processing it.

There's an old Nietzsche quote that goes along the lines of "he who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster." By throwing anyone who shows signs of ASPD into a jail cell for wrong think and not trying to help them with their disease is not only irresponsible but only seeks to push these people towards the edges of society. There are many high-functioning sociopaths/psychopaths, especially those who typically find themselves as CEOs or at the tops of businesses, and to say that someone can't be able to integrate into society because of an immutable characteristic or disease they have is absurd.

Most mental disorders can't be cured but can be treated. Autism, for instance, also induces a lack of empathy in people. That does not mean that the only thing to do with Autistic people is to throw them into jail.

It's instead better to try and get him to work through logically why his actions are immoral or unjust, even if you have to try and reteach him the golden rule or even just Kantian ethics all over again and start from square one. Multisystemic approaches to therapy probably would be the best, because there is a trend with Antisocial Personality Disorder of those afflicted having higher intellect, so if you can find a way to reason with them, it's likely they'd end up being able to cognitively reevaluate their own conceptions and work past their disorder and become a better person. @TheGodEmperor

Pretty much what my argument has been. He definitely shows signs of Antisocial Personality Disorder and mental illness in general. I think that's why I'm more sympathetic to him than some of the other people here. @Simply_Fiction

Users who are viewing this thread