I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 5 Ch. 25

@Nikosgarofola But that's how reality it. Just because someone criticized you once, doesn't mean there won't be more criticism coming. And just because you were able to rationalize tour action once, doesn't mean you won't doubt yourself again, especially when facing criticism, and especially when something that controversial.

@Ers92 it's pretty heavily implied that her home life was abusive, possibly even sexualy. My guess is Her mother is indifferent to abuse from her father/stepfather or even outright denying the allegations. So she ran away and her parents never bothered filing a report and just told the school, she's a shut in, home schooled, or transferred.

@Necroblight ehhhhh, nah. Like yes, you'll doubt different actions you take and face criticism for different stuff. But I'm pretty sure only total idiots would doubt themselves again and again and again over the same criticism someone else(who you respect more) already brought up after you already came to turns with it. Maybe if it was a different criticism over the same action but it hasn't been. Everyone who knows the situation just criticizes it nearly identically. The closest thing to a difference in the criticism was the rapist saying the cliche,(were the same) which is definitely the dumbest part of this whole story. Just hoping the author add a bit more depth.

oh c'mon just tell her you like her to stay and that you two shall build a future together. is it too hard at this point?

Why the F dont you just say you want her to stay with you and until she's legal, start going out!? how awkward can you 2 be lol.

@Nikosgarofola Look, if you never doubted yourself, even after convincing yourself of it, then props you, you have really conviction. But that's the whole point of strong conviction, because not always you are able to clear your own doubt event after finding some conviction, you could always doubt yourself and falter especially at the face of criticism, even if you heard it 100s of times. Might sound stupid or not, but people can't help, even if in certain moment they had found conviction, that doesn't necessarily mean that it would hold up over time, or even if that actually convinced them deep down (not rare for people to say one thing, but feel differently). And if you aren't 100% convinced, you can't really help but doubt it.

@Nikosgarofola Yeah, what I said was regarding whether it being realistic or not, it's beside the point of being good or bad story-wise. Just because it is realistic, doesn't make the story any more entertaining. And does begins to fall in the ballpark of lazy writing when it's just repetition of the same thing. Such repetition could be good for building up for some momentum when there is some underlying change or conclusion at each end of repetition, but it falls victim to basically the same thing of almost all romcom. Some events unfold, some drama happens, they overcome, and then they just return to basically where they began, with the only difference being is higher levels of doki-doki, and with no actual concrete difference plot-wise, and then just rinse and repeat.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh this is the only thing that this story doesn't need - another girl. As much as I like this story I think it would be best to start wrapping everything up and finishing it. If author unnecessary prolong it with repetitive drama it would just make the manga worse.

I get how she can grow from this but don't see how he can. His benefit was a partner at home. If she leaves then he will just go back to living to work and that's it, unless they show him finding a girl to wife before it ends. The next logical step for him is starting a family or at least dating and having a real girl at home.

Otherwise once she's gone his place is just a place to live again when he's not working.

Users who are viewing this thread