I Stole the Male Lead's First Night - Vol. 1 Ch. 17

Thanks for the translating!
@Rayster I am on the same oppinion as you. The ex-gf at least should have listen, what Ripley want to say. But she didn't give her a chance, to explain her side of the story. Even if she was blind because of anger, later when she calmed down she should speak with Ripley to fully understand the situation.... My conclusion is that, that the ex-gf was a b*tch, who just wanted to play victim, and didn't deserve a friend like Ripley.
(Btw what is Ripley name, before she reincarneted?)

Erm I usually hang out with a guy who has a gf a lot of times. I know for sure he doesn't like me but..... I didn't consider this as improper or shameful :/

@Pixi97,
(Btw what is Ripley name, before she reincarneted?)
I saw another comment mentioning Yuri, and I backtracked a bit and found the ex-friend saying "let's not meet again, Yuri" in pg11 of chp14, so yea, should be Yuri. It's quite obscure though and not FL's currently known identity anymore so I'll refer to her as Ripley in my following reply.

Yes, exactly, if the ex-gf-ex-friend really wanted to settle things properly, she should have done it privately and communicate. It's apparent that she had malicious intent to publicly accuse Ripley in public like that without proper communication to play the victim "the betrayed girl who had her bf stolen and relationship ruined by a fake friend" narrative, when she already looked through the text messages and could have at least suspected that's not that truth and should investigate further privately, was told that Ripley rejected ex-bf's advances and tried to not get involved with their relationship and shit further, and refused to break up and blamed it all on Ripley just so she thought she could "save" the relationship by painting Ripley as the villain who "wagged her tail at him and seduced my bf" and ruined her relationship instead of acknowledging her ex-bf fk them up and cheated and the relationship is over. Her dialogues showed that she's trying the make the narrative "you're the reason why my bf acted differently, fell out of love with me, and wanted a breakup, because you hung out with him and just by hanging out means you did something even if you're not the one pursuing and making advances and rejected him but I don't care, MY BF didn't tell me what HE'S doing is also YOUR fault, everything is your fault my relationship failed, my bf's changes and decisions to lie, cheat and manipulate are all your fault too". Using emoticons automatically means there's something, wtf??? Even after the whole public drama, she's still not over it and unnecessarily attacked and humiliated Ripley, IN PUBLIC again?? I'm not convinced that it's not done with malicious intent and that the ex-gf situation is "relatable and understandable".

Like, in a healthy one-to-one romantically and sexually exclusive relationship, your partner is not a possession like a toy whatsoever, they are not socially exclusive and can hang out with other people (regardless of their gender and sexuality). The romantic and sexual attraction may be there among the people they hang out with, because one does not suddenly lose their sexuality just because they are in an exclusive relationship, but the commitment and self-discipline are the efforts one willingly and persistently puts into the relationship TO KEEP IT WORKING AND NOT FAIL. Restricting your partner's reasonable social life or demanding whoever they hang out with to report to you at all times are going to make the relationship fail because apparently there's a big incompatibility to even go that far. If your partner socializes too much with other friends without you, communicate and compromise, maybe they can bring you out too or bring the friends in to hang out, or hang out less frequently without you, not blaming or restricting your partner (&friends) for having a reasonable social life. If your partner is fully aware of how to respectfully hanging out with friends as someone in a committed exclusive relationship, have informed you about the hangout plans, and made sure you're sensibly fine with the arrangements, and not in the childish "he should have known what I'm thinking even if I'm not saying anything or saying the opposite" toxic way, then platonic hangouts are perfectly fine, WHICH the ex-bf intentionally failed to do because he was aware of it being disrespectful to both ex-gf and Ripley, didn't inform ex-gf, manipulated and lied to Ripley.

Sylvia is the mvp here guysss hahahha and the doctor is next after her geez they're so good acting out together

If the GF saw the messages, then she should know that her BF texted the FL first ! Just because they used emojis doesn't mean they're cheating...
Honestly this is all the guy's fault, he should have been honest with his GF and break up with her before hitting on the FL. He was the one who cheated! but She's the one being bullied and blamed for it ! WTH ?
I should calme down lol, thanks for the translation😘
I hope Ripley can forget about the plot, especially since neither the duke nor the original FL of the novel she read seem to be interested in each other... I also wish the Duke was honest, and stop threatening her. I can't wait to see what happens next 😁

rip ripley better tell him now or your injuries will probably become real (if only he's not so madly in love with you)

@NoireNowaru
mhmm yeah, she could've been afraid of confrontation or she could've been taken aback by how abrupt her friend was and couldn't think of anything to say...however, I think she relied too much on expecting the bf to tell ahyong about their meetups (i mean ahyong + mc are friends so its not like receiving two messages bout how the bf is meeting up with a friend for non-romanctic purposes is too bad, but thinking from the perspective of gf, it does sound pretty bad lol) and that's where i think her fault lies in ✌✌✌
....anyhow, although she knows how the story ends, she's already interfered with it a lot lol (side character befriending the heroine, side character dissing the villainess, and side character enticing the male lead) so i don't think she should see her knowledge as the bible, but whatever floats her boat
...tho the frustrating thing is that she's denying the duke's heartfelt feelings, and that's why i wished that she should could slowly start to be brave and trust him and the heroine (cuz imo, in her trauma, the gf denied her feelings and claimed her as a boyfriend snatcher without listening to her side, but rn she's doing the same towards the duke without listening to his and the heroine's side)
...yeah that's all, I'm just waiting for that character development and for her trauma to start to heal ✌✌✌

I had to pause in the middle of this chapter because oh boy.
I was sympathetically triggered.
And then the Duke coming in with "Are you bragging right now?"
dkfjdslkfjdskljfklsdklajlfjkds;ajl; that was not the takeaway my dude

She doesnt have any friend to support her during the earth world incident to defend her. She kept her mouth shut and keep mulling over the situation internally just with her self.

Ummm... technically, isn't this the guy she was looking for in her previous life? The guy who unconditionally loves her to boot? Gurlllllllll... theyre not the same person and the original mc and ml dont even have any form of attraction T.T
Stop overthinking

@Moom really depends on how she explained it, it could easily be seen as bragging.

this is why you talk to your friends about shit like this while it happens

Ah so she's so shaken by what happened she's failing to realize the circumstances are totally different. He's single, the other blonde girl doesn't own the duke, and really it was the ex boyfriend that was wrong in her past life and not her, though she should have mentioned it to her friend she was more naive than bad.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, how dare she send him message with emotocon! She is definitely trying to do something heinous!

“If you consider yourself a villainess, then I shall be your villain.”

Out of all lines across many many webtoons, that got me hard 🥺🥺 it’s so beautiful wow 😭😭🖤🖤

He is in the wrong to threaten someone to marry him but gosh darn how sweet, caring, and loving he is towards the one he holds dear is really something 😭😭

Users who are viewing this thread