I Stole the Male Lead's First Night - Vol. 1 Ch. 22

omgg i've been reading this whole time 'cause the art is so pretty but the female lead is such a dumbass.

Even though her actions are annoying now, it's not like the Duke is not at fault either. Ripley is stupid but the Duke is purposely being cruel. Not only did she tell him she didn't want to marry him in the beginning but he also threatened to straight up execute her. It could just be a scare tactic but considering that he's, y'know, the duke and she's only the daughter of a count, it's reasonable for her to be scared.

In the end, she gets what she was aiming for in the first place but she's grown to care for him. He's not exactly an ideal guy personality-wise considering he just completely ignores her very obvious signs of discomfort. It goes to the point she thinks that faking a serious injury might get her out of it and then he's mad because she was lying to him about her injuries? For trying to get away from him?

Yes, she's in the wrong too for being ignorant, avoiding clear communication and having no awareness but I feel as if the duke, who is in a position of power and abuses said power, is far worse than she is.

Dex-chan lover
How are y'all siding with the Duke more than Ripley?????

The Duke is a coward AND an asshole AND possibly a liar. Wild.

Thank you for the update! please keep going >_< Im still invested despite how annoyed I am with both characters

lol i agree to with @nasuyu

I think they both have faults here but the Duke is by far worse than Ripley is considering he wouldn't even try to put his own agenda out to try and give Ripley time. Obviously both have their own traumas and reasons but I can't put this on Ripley because as much as I want Ripley to tell Duke something, it's also on the Duke for not being able to have some patience and let's be real, he's was kinda sour since the beginning (idk, blackmailing Ripley for having sex even tho she was under influence¿) so Duke owes Ripley atleast some patience like geez ffs

oh also, thank you for picking this up! greatly appreciated

Human relationships are complicated...that's why i only like observing them lmao 🍿🍿

but like if he really did it because of ripley, it's pretty petty and gonna guilt-trip her since they're the baron's daughter and her are friends

Aggregator gang
I mean. Even if it is related, that's his money. Shaking him down for it seems kinda scummy to me.

I shouldn't have actively sought for spoilers, now I'm pissed. He's so petty but both of them suit each other, I'm glad she can endure his childishness.

maybe theyre made for each other? Like they're both as petty as each other 😌 highly unlikely that the duke will marry rose but if it does go to that extent then 🤷‍♀️

tbh i dont even feel like feeling frustrated bc they're both in the wrong

@KindHeart kind of crazy how ppl are siding with the duke more!!! like hello!!!! where were you all for the past 20++++???? Saying she deserves it and other horrible things about her man can these ppl just say that they hate women and go 😌

I thought I was going to be so annoyed during the ~misunderstanding~ portion of this comic, but I was wrong. I’m loving this. 😂 I love that she’s just full out yelling at him now and he’s being coldly petty. These are obviously both bad ways to work through their issues, but I’m entertained. It’s much better than brooding.

Users who are viewing this thread