I Stole the Male Lead's First Night - Vol. 1 Ch. 22

MD@Home
So to sum up the Duke's actions so far:

1.) He raped her
2.) He gaslights her into believing that she somehow needs to take responsiblity for being raped by him
3.) He blackmails her into marrying him by threatening her family (on multiple occasions)
4.) And when she tries to escape from his clutches by faking injuries, he actually threatens to harm her and leave her permanently scarred

I do not understand how ppl can side with the duke considering these circumstances.

@Cc90 not attacking you but FL was highly intoxicated and that means she's not in her right mind. I hope you become more educated that drunk consent is not valid it will be considered as rape either way. There are so many cases of rape these days beacause a lot of women get take advantage of while they are drunk. I hope you think more about what you said about "drunk sex" and be less ignorant about the topic.

@k4shira

Dude I don’t really like him either but I’m very very sure he didn’t rape her. They both got into bed together and they both were drunk. At the most you might be able to say he took advantage of her but he did. Not. Rape. Her.

I hate that as a plot line as much as you trust me and the only reason I continued reading is because I’m sure he didn’t do that. I’m not saying “it takes two to tango” I’m saying they were both drunk and not in their right minds so if you consider that rape then they both raped each other not just him to her.

@Aanik
Duke was less drunk than her tho while FL was highly intoxicated and barely could remember anything,also he still could remember what happened and also had this falling in love scene with FL because she seemed like she cared for the Duke with her kind words. Also he had a decision to not get in bed with her, it was still rape in someway. We could say his actions can considered as rape but his intentions were not to rape her. but I don't think FL raped the Duke because she was just very inviting and didn't even know who she was gonna sleep with.

MD@Home
@AaniK

I re-read Ch. 11 and the duke seems very lucid to me, while she is cleary wasted. While pretending to be someone else he took her home and, altough knowing she was inebriated and not in a state where she could make rational decisions, he proceeded to have sex anyway. I consider this rape.

But I don't necesserily hate that as a plot, because I don't think it was intended to be interpreted as such, and if it is, then this is based on a very dark novel. 😬 Now I just hope she that can escape from her Stockholm-Syndrome. This is a very interesting development, one of the few times where i actually hope for a "bad-end" where the two MCs do not end up together.

FL is oozing of idiocy. I’m not excusing either ML or FL. Both have some flaw and fault with each other. But for the deception and this here. She’s in the wrong. 🙄 And it’s laughable to go over the guy’s house she broke up with like she is now. Female lead’s reasoning is all flawed. She wants the novel to “return” to its proper place.

I can’t believe you guys are arguing who’s more drunk. Drunk is drunk. Both of them were drunk and were irresponsible that night. Go argue about rape elsewhere. FL and ML were both adult

I can imagine these two married life, they gonna fight a lot and their kids would wonder how they got together. But they wouldnt divorce. Yeah, they're That Couple.

@FreshfEshes @K4shira

Yeah you're right he might have been more drunk than her, I didn't re-read before commenting. However I still think it wasn't rape because in the end FL didn't say or think anything like that. Only if at least one of the people involved think it's rape will it actually be rape (in this case).

Basically I agree with K4shira about it not intending to be interpreted as such, and I think that's because FL didn't think it was.

I imagine that all those who are angry with the MC for the way it has behaved until now are masters of diplomacy and communication, capable of always saying the right thing at the right time and true saints who have never - and I stress NEVER - made any wrong choice in their lives. You don't know how much I envy you guys.

@Cc90
Okay, the ML has a lot of issues and trauma in the past. But it's not as if a woman has to take on her partner's traumas in the spirit of a holy martyr...
If you have problems in your past solve them on your own, don't dump them on others. Otherwise do we justify murderers and violent people just because they themselves have had a violent past behind them?

@Lavender_Fae
I wonder what story you’ve read.

The MC doesn’t want the story to go back to the novel’s tracks, quite the opposite.
Since the duke, who had a contract with the family of Alice (her only friend) has suddenly and without any reason deleted everything, putting the family of the latter in trouble, and believing – perhaps wrongly, perhaps rightly, we will find out only in the next episodes – that it is due to a simple and childish rebuke against herself, she went to protest from the duke. because she would prefer him to take it out only on her, and not on her friend

@Aanik
In my opinion It's still rape, well the situation was or the context. But the intentions weren't, I guess I'll agree with that.

Aaaaah! Just be honest already! Both of you 😖🙈🤦‍♀️
Thank you for this chapter! 💕🥰😘

Damn, we got people who dont know what rape means. It clearly showed that she initiated everything in the flashback chapter, and consented to everything. It doesn't matter that she was drunk, she still consented to getting that royal d.

The female lead tried to get away few time but the ml threatened her!!! Then, now he's like this?!

Users who are viewing this thread