I Swear I Won't Bother You Again! - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

@comeonnow0 I decided to reread this story from the beginning and you're right - it's cause Violet is different. The prince merely reacted to the fact that she was different.

I must have forgotten everything because this story is so slow to update.

It's actually Violet who's a bit too stuck into the path of becoming a nun - which is pretty hardcore. And also the way she is hung up on getting the prince and Maryjun together - to such an extent that she does not notice that they don't have feelings towards each other.

Yulan definitely looks out for her so much more than the prince, really hope the prince doesn't make any progress

Dex-chan lover
@monoreposo Yes, what you said is all true (for the story). It's also very one-sided.

How about these parts? I was raised in a society that does not tolerate murder. In this vaguely medieval European setting...I don't know if religion is supposed to play a role in this, so I'll skip it, even though that would be the most realistic thing.

So, ever since I was young, I've been taught how to be a noble.
A noblewoman is to be upright.
A noblewoman is to lead others by example.
From chapter 2, "As the ones who lead and guide the people, you must not forget that they expect the appropriate behavior from us."
"That is your responsibility so long as you are a noble."
I have been denied the right to inherit the position of the head of the family.
I despise my sister for her theft of my position.
I am still a noblewoman.
The law punishes those who try to commit murder.

I even acknowledge that Violette has pretty good reasons to dislike Maryjun. I'm not asking Violette to like Maryjun. I'm saying don't act like killing Maryjun is so acceptable in this setting. It's not.

@comeonnow0
I'm just a little bit tired when you say that I was just picking the things to attack like a lawyer.
Yeah, that was meant to be a joke, but it was in bad taste. Sorry.
I completed the rest of my thought, ignoring what "acceptable" was, and tried to think it out.
I don't think our MC is good ofc, but I don't view her to be bad or evil either. What she did may be bad, but that doesn't mean her character is. Given a different situation, I believe she would have grown up to be perfectly fine person.

As for our statistics, or more accurately, how messed up we think she is compared to others in somewhat similar situations, I really think they would be much more grim if we had statistics specifically of people who felt they had the god given right to be above them, and that the others were nothing but pebbles of society.

Dex-chan lover
Mangadex literally has the worst audience and this isn't even the most damning example.

Can't people just express enjoyment at a thing or reasonably and respectfully and constructively criticise a series without turning into 2020s millennial losers using words like beta, cuck and simp like a seven year old learning to swear for the first time?

Oh my frick Vio, sis stop spacing out at key moments🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️💀💀 Now Mary is misunderstanding the situation💀😂

@comeonnow0 I haven't caught up with what you've said in response to other people, and may never do so. I read your comment and appreciate your input, but will continue to respectfully disagree with you. I unfortunately don't have the time to make any more of my longer posts, so I'll merely address one fair point in your last comment to me. Yes, it's true that murdering someone is doubtlessly far worse than the Prince's actions. However, I see Violette's actions as not only redeemable, but something she has gone a long ways in redeeming. The history where she caused someone harm no longer exists, and she is making active efforts to not bring it about again. Almost anyone is capable of harming someone else in the right circumstances, which is why I can't hate Vio for being placed in those circumstances. That doesn't excuse those actions, but it does make them understandable. I would have despised Maryjun in the same situation, though I wouldn't stoop to murder. I am incapable of feeling the same way about the Prince, who I cannot emphasize with whatsoever.

I appreciate you taking the time to read my comments, and regret that I can't continue this further. I hope you also continue to enjoy this story, as I hope to.

@comeonnow0
[ul]
So, ever since I was young, I've been taught how to be a noble.
A noblewoman is to be upright.
A noblewoman is to lead others by example
[/ul]
To be fair, its not clear how much of that she realized until after the trial, during the months/years (idr how long she was locked up) she was in prison.
Obviously she learned enough to know this, but its not clear if she realized this and what all it means before or after self-reflection in solitary confinement.
And quite frankly I don't think she thought the murder through well enough to have put much/any thought into it. It was spontaneous, not premeditated

Actually, I feel like re-reading it now. But having just gave a quick glance at the first chapter.... how the hell did she fail to kill her? She must have hesitated. She had freaking mounted her on the bed as she slept.... if she had just moved her hand the girl would be dead. If a knight or worse, the prince managed to save her, then they would have had to be in the bedroom with her.....
And 3 months.... ok, thats not enough to realize much at all....

Also, it ends with her thinking "I did nothing wrong"..... I don't feel like I am looking at the same MC anymore tbh... so I guess the self-reflection she had occurred after the time travel... or perhaps she still thinks deep down that she is just condemned by the gods and the girl is the chosen one... if so.... that actually lines up perfectly with everything I remember of the story.... oh crap, she is broken in even more ways than I remembered!

i actually ship the prince with vio >.< i think they could be good for redeeming each other (and I'm not the biggest fan of yulan, tho he is cute) if not that, it might be nice to see things go how vio plans, with her getting what she wants (becoming a nun) and getting to live her own life without having to deal with all this

RIP Yulan lol

I feel like she's a little tunnel visioned on this whole Mary-Jun/Claudia ship when there have to be other ways to divert her father's attention, but it's canon that she's an imperfect character so I guess that's fine

Dex-chan lover
@thegiantpossum Fair enough. I do disagree with what you said and would like to discuss further, but I understand you don't have the time.

@monoreposo

It doesn't matter whether she realized those things while in prison or not. It matters whether those are the actual societal norms and values that exist. It's about whether she was aware of these things. The way that both Maryjun and the prince, listening on the sides, react seems to indicate that these are not strange things to think. Completely separate from the nobility issue, people still know murder is bad.

And then you said that this was spontaneous, not premeditated. Zero evidence either way unless you would like to tell me what happened in the novel. I'm willing to listen if you have further evidence, but it's just assumption and making excuses for her to say it's spontaneous if we don't have more evidence.

How did she fail? Maryjun woke up. We see that much for certain. Maybe Maryjun could've dodged while screaming, then knights came in. That's realistic enough. I fully admit to speculating, but it's also speculating to say that she hesitated.

The endpoint here is that I still think that it's making excuses for Violette. Yes, Violette had reason to despise her sister. I don't necessarily fault her for that. It's the attempted murder that is bad, that people have tried to excuse.

I know thegiantpossum said that they don't have time to engage, and I respect that, but like, that last post proves my point. You can empathize with this literal attempted murderer, but you can't empathize with the prince just because of what you consider to be a bad personality? Like, yeah, you say you don't condone murder, but you're still much more willing to criticize the prince in all of this. That furthers my point.

i’m so confused at what’s happening in this comment section LMAO i just came here to ask if anyone knew who the ML is bc im rooting for Yulan but it seems to be the prince 🤔

I went to the comment section to see if i should read the chapter or not (Team Yulan all the waaay! Huhu give him some love, Vio! ) 🙃

Why with this long comment here??😅
I like prince now like vio. But too late prince. Vio is already like our yulan. So back off

Users who are viewing this thread