I Tamed a Tyrant and Ran Away

So okay I complained about the conversation from the last two chapters to be off. but then I read snowy scan's version it was more clearer so yeah. But still thank u for paroday scan for fast updates

I am only at Chapter 5 currently but have a hard time trying to understand what's going on with the story. I mean A Parody Scans, Leviathan, and Snowy Scans did a great job translating this manhwa. It's not the translation that bothers me. They convey the words excellently. I guess what I am trying to say is that the way the story flows kinda makes it hard for me to keep up with the story...kinda feel like there's supposed to be more explanation but the manhwa only gives us a little bit of it. Not thoroughly. It's a bit offputting for me especially if the flow of the story continues like this for the rest of the manhwa. I'm unsure whether I should continue reading this or just drop it. Is it really worth it for me to just ignore what bothers me and continue reading this manhwa, guys? Someone help me! I am on a fence here 😢

The beginning was kind of confusing with all the intense 4d chess happening but it makes more sense as The story goes on. Overall it doesn’t seek too romancey which is nice and the MC is refreshing and not your typical isekai manhwa protagonist

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. I like the story but the only problem is mc is some kind of ultimate mana monstrocity but instead of taking over the empire she decides to have some little kid take revenge for her. Idk it's just a little dumb lol. Still if you can get past the face that all the side characters only exist to react to her and that she's a boring emotionless revenge machine its a decent enough story.

title sucks and put me off for ages but story is really good

-MC has a reason for being ridiculously op, she's been alive for 400 years.

-Her personality is consistent, she lives solely for revenge but like, the reason she even wanted revenge is because she is a normal human being who didn't want to kill, so while she is pretty cold blooded, when she sees innocent people suffering she feels grief. She doesn't devolve into a blushing teenager and instead has 400 years of PTSD she's working through, understandably.

-only thing i have as a gripe is
the emperor is probably still going to make a living sword, probably even sooner with Liz winning the tournament and being a skilled unknown knight that the emperor doesn't control; and charlize doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. Like, first of all you could still be at risk of becoming his target again, second the living sword was a powerful weapon which could threaten your revenge, and lastly uhh??? why would you let someone else go through that torment?? I guess she knows when this will happen so she's not worried yet, but i bet it happens sooner this timeline and she'll get taken by surprise.

@Darkmeep she mentioned that she specifically wanted to destroy the empire. A noblewoman without any legitimacy to the throne, only brute strength, cannot take control of an empire and then ruin it. Even if she was strong enough to kill literally anyone who tried to harm her/had a claim and tried to use that to claim the throne, they'd just brick up the imperial palace and leave her there to die. You can't rule over a massive empire if no one will listen to you??? In the worst case scenario, they'd abandon the capital and send an army in to siege the place.

She's even mentioned that she isn't a genius to the level of the 13th prince, she just has wisdom of 400 years and she's strong (and the prince said this much too, he's considered an unparalleled genius). He was the actual king maker of the empire of the future, so she needs him on her side.... rather than against her.

@crypted I'm curious, doesn't destroying of the empire mean that a lot of people must have to die? Or if it isn't her who will commit it then it is all right? And will a calculating genius become that clueless idiot who will bring the empire down by his own will? Well, to me right now, it seems like she is just planting a coup d'état for Dylan just because he was a somewhat good person in her past live, and now she thinks that he deserves more than other royal shitheads.

I Tamed a Tyrant and Ran Away and Super Cube Covers have the same sword drawing motion.😂

@Milfie direct quote from chapter one

"I had lost everything. I'd lived a life where everything was to make the empire prosper... It was a great and noble empire, one that the emperor wanted to prosper. That was the main reason why nobody felt guilty when my life was ruined. I'll ruin it and drag it through the mud. No one should feel proud to be an imperial citizen. I will destroy this empire perfectly."

So while she doesn't mean "massacre every imperial citizen" by "destroy perfectly", she wants to ruin their pride and patriotic belief in their own greatness, because it was at the cost of her sanity and life. The average citizen would just feel shame at the place they live in, though I imagine some nobles and knights would be killed in her overall plan.

At first glance, it seems that she should aim to put an incompetent prince on the throne to achieve this goal, right? But the point is, the 13th prince literally made his brother the 2nd emperor because he was the only one to come to his mother's funeral. If she doesn't intervene with him specifically, he will just do that again. Charlize has literally less than zero influence on imperial politics (until she became his tutor) so it's better for her to try and influence him towards her goals than oppose him. I suppose she plans to warp his mindset in order to murder his father and brothers, oppress the nobles in order to make them want to rebel and disrupt the stability of the empire etc etc. It's just right now she's still on the "i need to win influence over him" stage because this guy is super suspicious of her haha.

tldr; emperor was cruel and vicious towards her but everyone loved him (and his descendants) because he brought glory to the empire and the murders he used her for were in secret or justified for "the greater good". she wants to destroy that justification by making an obvious tyrant who dominates the empire and kills openly. I think?? I suspect the first + second emperor are going to have pretty grim deaths this time around though first.

jny

I'm really loving the art here and I'm just desperately hoping that her trauma and her desire for revenge are what now is making her act like a 'living sword', and that's why she runs away like the summary says. While achieving her revenge she also heals and becomes more human. At least that's what I'm thinking her emotional development is going to look like which is what I am indeed hoping.

Otherwise I'd be pretty disappointed if throughout the entire story she just continuously steels herself and doesn't ever emotionally work out her trauma in ways other than revenge. That doesn't mean to reconcile with her family tho, fuck them, I'm just hoping that her desire to be an actual human with emotions is what will lead to her disappearing. Either way, this looks like it's gonna be a long ride

Users who are viewing this thread