I Think Our Son Is Gay

as a lesbian... i might actually cry?? reading this manga?? ive experienced... so much homophobia from my mom and this is just a breath of fresh air. all of my love goes to the mangaka <3

Straight here. This work does a better job in normalizing homosexuality than nearly anything I read--the sole exception is a high-school biology textbook article on the genetics of homosexuality.

Double-page supporter
@terinamorte I’m just gonna say you think all slice of life stories are garbage. Just wrong target audience. And I’m gonna probably say that’s what most of the one rating are from

Power Uploader
Is it just 45 chapters of "I think my son is probably gay"? If the only trait of the story is that the characters are gay, then it'll be pretty boring, not my kinda manga.

Also, it's kind of weird how this manga barely has 500K views yet it already has 1.4k ratings, this normally doesn't happen.

@ clamatojuc
Just to put my two cents in but I think this manga is worth 10 because it is so unique to see a homosexual comic from the parent’s perspective. I’ve seen so many from the actual gay person’s perspective and some from a sibling’s perspective. Any from the parent’s always ends up as some raunchy garbage where the parent finds out cause the parent is confessed to by their stepchild or something.

The mom knows her son well enough to tell he is gay, but still doesn’t completely understand. Yet she never does nothing to make her son uncomfortable or oust him. She is just trying to be as supportive as she can without interfering with his life. From the gay person’s perspective, it’s really hard to see that everyone they know won’t instantly hate them if they come out. Just seeing the mom cheering from the sidelines and being a hidden ally is so heartwarming. I also really appreciate the touch of realism where his dad is much more close minded than the mom. The feeling of unconditional love is so tender in this manga

Not the homophobic people rating this poorly 🤢🤮If you don't like the subject matter then don't read it babes- Tell me why the horribly weird incest hentai on this site has a higher rating? Is it because the story is better?🤡 ANYWAYS this is honestly a super wholesome story that literally does nothing to receive the type of hate it's getting🤗

Dex-chan lover
I'm straight, but this makes me feel so god damn fucking much for my LGBT friends. It hearkens back to a lot of topics that come up with them and the experiences that they've went through, and really helps me to understand the difficulties one must go through in a world filled with people who might not approve. It's a beautiful manga and I absolutely love it!

The mom really ought to make her stance on homosexuality known to her son. They could just have a film with a gay romance in there and she could use that to casually make her feelings known without implying anything about her son. It's sad that he does not feel safe around his brother and mother who both would accept him

welp reading the title she should probably just ask her son of he's a gay or not and be done with it

time to dive in

Users who are viewing this thread