I Time-Traveled and Confessed to My Teacher Crush - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

jak

Contributor
Lol, I didn't expect her to be like this. I like it.

jak

Contributor
@EdenSphinx

NTR can also be if you like the girl and she ends up with another guy.

That's not NTR AT ALL. Feels aren't involved when it comes to that. If a girl falls for someone else, that does not make it NTR.

Fed-Kun's army
@jak it does make an NTR, albeit a weaker one. NTR is a lot more about corruption and “stolen heroines”. I put it in quotations because it doesn’t only happen when you are dating the gal. If a guy was a childhood friend/aquantainance/whatever connection at all with a girl, and mr. NTR comes along and snatch/change her, it is still NTR because in such a story, the MC guy is still the loser.

There’s a lot of variations, some weaker some stronger. In this chapter though @EdenSphinx, it’s more along the line of being cockblocked than NTRed.

Dex-chan lover
i think NTR is pretty much: ''Having someone you have a close relationship or strong feels for, stolen away from you'', this can include childhood friends u were in love with but never made a move, your mom or sister (basically any close family member), cool senpai that started dating a douchebag that uses her however he wants.
Or the more direct ones like: ur girlfriend gets blackmailed into a sexual relationship by a fat bastard, or ur wife has to pay for ur bills with her body, or your enemy in highschool targets ur family, etc.

jak

Contributor
@kn1000a

That's not what NTR is though. People really need to stop labeling shit as NTR when the shit doesn't exist outside of hentai.

Fed-Kun's army
@jak if you think NTR needs to be in hentai to be NTR, then you definitely don’t know the definition of it. Lighter iteration of it exists in a lot of other mediums, without needing to go to a sexual level. Hollow7F got it down pretty well. Like most fetishes, there are mild-level cases and strong cases. Though, it depends on you as for how strong it can be.

Dex-chan lover
Oh how very wrong many of these comments, and that teacher are. It's not NTR unless you have a close relationship, already, and they get stolen away/changed. Somebody you kind of like, but never made a move on, is just a crush that found somebody else, or a crush with their own life.

As for the teacher's mistake... you have no idea, how many times I wandered off the beaten path in life, and overheard the words "it's okay, no one else is around," they sometimes made direct eye contact with me as they said it, but didn't always stop what they were doing. I'm usually the one that felt like a creep for walking "in" on them, but still, this was before cell phones became such a thing btw.

@kn1000a I think you got the wrong side, the things you said was on the female side though.
Stop a moment and re-read any NTR hentai, didn't the girl always have someone they loved before being seduced (by cock 😅 )? The light one you mentioned is that there is no cock being involved, not because someone MC loved being stolen, ah, it couldnt be called "stolen" because "she" didnt have any feeling for him to begin with.

Btw, how come it be ntr when sensei have feeling only for MC? Just because the student admire her so they are NTRed? It didnt make sense to me

Dex-chan lover
@virginhunter jesus fucking christ. Who cares if she was in a relationship before. What the fuck is wrong with you people with this "used goods" crap.

Dex-chan lover
@virginhunter

if you wanna know...

I read the novel, the reason she is the way she is ... is because she has been a sheltered girl all of her life, she never had any boyfriends or dates or whatever until MC confessed to her, which explains a lot

Fed-Kun's army
@onitada Hence why my original comment is
In this chapter though EdenSphinx, it’s more along the line of being cockblocked than NTRed.
I never argued for that being NTR at all.

That definition of NTR has change over the decades. Go read some of the most recent ones. They are considered NTR yet being very, very indirect. NTR nowadays are not just strictly “the girl has feeling for beta MC” anymore, even artists themselves consider light scenarios with just a crush being stolen away NTR.

It really depends on how tolerant you are to the genre. If you’re into the genre, then these “light scenarios” will be nothing at all. But if you’re not familiar with it, even a light scenario is enough to qualify for the classification. It also depends on what NTR is to you as well. Is it because of the corruption? Because you want to self-insert into the beta MC? Because you want to be the chad dude stealing girls? If you’re into vanilla, then a crush being stolen away while she has no feeling for you can be considered “NTR” because you see the POV from the MC rather than the girl or the chad dude.

Bottom line, I don’t think there’s a strict definition to it anymore. It’s like the whole shounen genre thing where in the west it was popularized to be “series with lots of fighting aimed toward boys” when it’s orginally just any series with a male teenagers demographic. It’s just changed over time, whether something is X to you or not is still for you to debate and decide.

As someone who hates the genre with a passion, NTR has a very strict definition, namely having your partner *in a romantic relationship* be stolen away from you by another person either through emotional, mental or physical means, resulting in said partner's feelings switching from you to that other person.

Seeing your widow/divorcee mother remarry to give you a new stepdad? That's not NTR. Same with seeing your sister get married to the guy she loves, that's not NTR either.

You're a high schooler who has a crush on a teacher, and yet she only ever sees you as a student while she goes for a relationship with a college student? That's not NTR, since the partner in question never had romantic feelings for you in the first place, no matter how strongly you felt for said partner. Otherwise ALL harem romcoms in history would have the "NTR" tag labelled on them.

The two people are in a romantic relationship, but their feelings have begun to cool off and have even become hostile, and now the guy finds himself a girl who he now loves more? That's actually not considered NTR, due to the people involved having an emotional falling out and thus the romantic relationship can no longer be said to be mutual.

NTR is if for example two people are in a stable and happy romantic relationship, then suddenly a casanova comes along and successfully seduces the girl thus making the girl love said casanova more at the expense of her former partner. THAT is NTR.

A main component of NTR is that both parties in question must've had a mutual romantic relationship with each other, which is what makes one of the parties suddenly having their heart swayed and falling for another person be very effective in portraying the feeling of a person's feelings being "stolen". You can't dilute NTR to include stuff like "childhood friends u were in love with but never made a move", because that's not what NTR is about, otherwise you're labeling everything involving relationships whether familial, platonic or otherwise as NTR due to the complexity of relationships between people, which makes the definition pointless due to an absurdity.

Note that emotion is a major component of what makes NTR what it is, and while NTR is often used as a vessel for stories centering around sex, it doesn't necessarily have to involve sex to be NTR since it's the emotions between parties that are important, and thus can actually exist outside of hentai.

Just eatin my sandwich reading these comments. the only thing on my mind is, he fell asleep and boom time leap. But you know just japanese things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread