I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! - Vol. 4 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
I can see using violence as a means to get political leveragebut surely he can see that babylon has been removing unstable elements that only would have held them back? Either way fuck this guy, hope he sits on crate of his crosses and they accidentally go off.

Dex-chan lover
When will the killing start?

Anyway, thanks for the chapter!

Man, Benika and Rose do not deserve being playthings to the idiots with power mania. And worse, I thought that Gina might have had some regret towards Benika but turns out they were just exchanging parting words with the archbishop! Regardless. Imma here with my ice cream.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your work!
And as i guessed before, this chapter proves me right about the church...

Dex-chan lover
He is not hating the sin, loving the sinner..... on the contrary he is using it as a justification for murdering innocents in pursuit of the churches goals. Sometimes collateral damage is inevitable, but this is far removed from that.

I wonder if the author is now realizing they need a bad guy because morally grey isn't working out for them and the plot, as they sure are currently painting the church (or at least this commander) in a bad light. The church was not shown as this morally corrupt in previous chapters, but of course maybe it was just not brought to light then.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He is not hating the sin, loving the sinner..... on the contrary he is using it as a justification for murdering innocents in pursuit of the churches goals. Sometimes collateral damage is inevitable, but this is far removed from that.

I wonder if the author is now realizing they need a bad guy because morally grey isn't working out for them and the plot, as they sure are currently painting the church (or at least this commander) in a bad light. The church was not shown as this morally corrupt in previous chapters, but if course maybe it was just not brought to light then.
yeah it was shown corrupted, especially when they showed them employing refugees to craft rifles and use them as their own army

Dex-chan lover
yeah it was shown corrupted, especially when they showed them employing refugees to craft rifles and use them as their own army

It depends on how they were going to use them. I was also getting some bad vibes from them when I saw that, but on the other hand there is nothing wrong with armed protests. The credible threat of an effective response can keep the peace. Oppressing unarmed civilians is easy... not so much when any window, rooftop, or doorway can hide a rifleman. I have no doubt they had / have ulterior motives, of course, but them building AKs isn't a concern in of itself.

Dex-chan lover
It depends on how they were going to use them. I was also getting some bad vibes from them when I saw that, but on the other hand there is nothing wrong with armed protests. The credible threat of an effective response can keep the peace. Oppressing unarmed civilians is easy... not so much when any window, rooftop, or doorway can hide a rifleman. I have no doubt they had / have ulterior motives, of course, but them building AKs isn't a concern in of itself.
armed refugees vs unarmed civilians, you think they only craft those rifles for peace?

Dex-chan lover
armed refugees vs unarmed civilians, you think they only craft those rifles for peace?
Rifles are neither for peace nor for war; they only carry out the will of the user. Of course we can speculate on what those armed refugees want to do - but we don't have brain scanners and thoughtcrime isn't a thing. Until action is taken or evidence of a plan of action is seen all we know is the church wanted the refugees to be armed. Like I said, bad vibes, but you can't act on that alone.

Dex-chan lover
Rifles are neither for peace nor for war; they only carry out the will of the user. Of course we can speculate on what those armed refugees want to do - but we don't have brain scanners and thoughtcrime isn't a thing. Until action is taken or evidence of a plan of action is seen all we know is the church wanted the refugees to be armed. Like I said, bad vibes, but you can't act on that alone.
maybe it's a cultural difference between us but here we can safely assume this fictionnal country is based on a east asian country where firearms are prohibited or extremely badly seen, where only someone with very bad intention would own one (illegaly obviously)

Dex-chan lover
Kinda disappointed in the end they did fall back on the evil church troupe.
Agreed, also since it feels really unnecessary. The author could have had this exact same outcome, but kept it more interestingly ambiguous and the characters more multidimensional merely by changing the bishop's internal thoughts. Ie, the bishop could have thought her feelings were fine so long as she was chaste about it or something and then really really angsted about how God would surely judge him, and truly felt awful/hesitant about "a potentially necessary sacrifice for the cause, we'll only use it if we have to." And resolved that once it was all over he'd turn himself over and reveal everything. Basically be shown to be someone who is truly committed and prepared to sacrifice, a fanatic about it in some respects, but also well rounded enough to recognize what he was doing and be ready to face up to it himself rather then making excuses for it. Not making assumptions or judging, particularly given her father is a genuinely good guy and the church recognized that earlier in the story.

Instead having him go full stereotypical smug evil feels like a let down. They've got a solid cause and there wasn't any need to have either of the factions be unrelateable. Oh well.

Dex-chan lover
Agreed, also since it feels really unnecessary. The author could have had this exact same outcome, but kept it more interestingly ambiguous and the characters more multidimensional merely by changing the bishop's internal thoughts. Ie, the bishop could have thought her feelings were fine so long as she was chaste about it or something and then really really angsted about how God would surely judge him, and truly felt awful/hesitant about "a potentially necessary sacrifice for the cause, we'll only use it if we have to." And resolved that once it was all over he'd turn himself over and reveal everything. Basically be shown to be someone who is truly committed and prepared to sacrifice, a fanatic about it in some respects, but also well rounded enough to recognize what he was doing and be ready to face up to it himself rather then making excuses for it. Not making assumptions or judging, particularly given her father is a genuinely good guy and the church recognized that earlier in the story.

Instead having him go full stereotypical smug evil feels like a let down. They've got a solid cause and there wasn't any need to have either of the factions be unrelateable. Oh well.
Edit: Nevermind I didn't read it properly, I went back to cite after having deleted most of my original comment, saw I was wrong, and it just felt like two much trouble to re-enter a bunch of wrong information. Apologies

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread