I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! - Vol. 4 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
can't say I'm not a bit dissapointed with this ending but I guess I was kinda expecting it. thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
Sad, this was obviously an only to end things positively at this point. With how short the chapters were, the manga needed at least a hundred more chapters to wrap everything nicely and resolve all the story threads.

Unfortunately, we get what we get. Thank you for translations!

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping the author comes back to this one day. There's still a lot that can be done with the world and its characters. The ending was a bit disappointing, but it doesn't really feel like an ending due to the open-endedness, which is a hell of a lot better than a rushed conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
I feel I just finished eating the appetizer and I'm being told that was the whole meal... Hunger pain are the worst...

Dex-chan lover
Totally got the sudden axe, barely a chance to think of something.

Dex-chan lover
Shame it ends here, feels like there's so much left to tell. Thanks for all your translation work, hope everyone reading this stays safe and healthy.

Dex-chan lover
What does that mean? I don't know much about Bolivian history, apologies.
Oh it has nothing to do with Bolivia, it is a type of ending in story telling, here is a copy pasted explanation from Tv tropes.com

" A Bolivian Army Ending is an Ending Trope that occurs when the main characters face seemingly insurmountable odds which, for once, the main characters actually seem unable to surmount.

This trope usually leaves out the actual demise of the protagonists, ending just as they face the fire. Thus, while previous circumstances and/or antagonists indicate their unseen yet inevitable destruction, the actual fate(s) of the hero(es) hide(s) behind the horizon evermore, unless the fiction continues this/these character(s) in an upcoming/additional body of work.

The trope is named for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. For both the end of the movie, and their real life ending."

Users who are viewing this thread