I Was Born as the Demon Lord's Daughter - Vol. 1 Ch. 50

Bot her grandfathers look alike. Are they brothers? Her demon grandfather "adopted" the demon lords, so Rins parents wouldnt have been related if they were brothers

I guess I've been reading this wrong. I didnt know her mother was a direct descendant(daughter) of the god of heaven. Kekekeke

Dex-chan lover
Mister Ex Machina here just bypassed a ton of problems.
You're under an illusion / mind control spell? Miracle punch!
You're blocked from using magic by a bracelet? Dissolve it!
You're stuck in a prison with a monster guardian? Divine sword!
I guess things are easier when you have a literal god in the family.

The scenario is cheap.
But we can't deny that the art is glamorous, classy and able to translate emotions. Art saves your ass.

Double-page supporter
The amount of deus ex machina is a bit... frustrating, but I still enjoy reading this regardless.

Okay I'm glad white grandpa got to clear the misunderstandings up cause I hate that trope where they have 20+ chapters of misunderstandings that could have been cleared up just by talking.

Dex-chan lover
Yeehaw jailbreak time.

also miracle punch, 10 / 10.

@Demavend

That's life when you're a granddaughter of two gods.

Tho to be fair if it wasn't for the fact that the person who got summoned was a literal god, it wouldn't actually have been a deus ex machina moment.
Because her bracelet was already established in the story as something that would save her life.
The bracelet always had the power to protect her, it wouldn't have been a deus ex machina moment if said person wasn't an actual god.

Some even argue that even if its a god, it still isn't a deus ex machina moment if you foreshadowed it enough and gave it a legit plot reason for happening.
(it's just a Deus moment because if you consider all interactions by a god a Deus ex machina moment then you can´t actually use gods as characters in the story )

If you consider the reason the god being summoned a result of the heroes achievements then its no longer a deus ex machina moment according to the later definition.
in that case, it doesn't even matter if its a god as long as the heroes actions caused the god to appear and save the day.

TL : DR As long as you made a somewhat clear reason for the god to appear, it won't be a deus ex machina moment.
( in this case, the bracelet is said to " protect her in the demon world" back in chapter 34 when she got it as a present for an archangel )

Please tell me this is the last time that she's gonna have a pity crisis, it was okay once or twice but its almost every other chapter that she's having a crisis. I thought you understand gurl, why do you keep having the same dang problem

Users who are viewing this thread