I Was Dismissed from the Hero’s Party Because They Don't Need My Training Skills, so I Strengthened My [Fief] Which I Got as a Replacement for My Ret…

@musul The party made the right choice here. Bring more people to help “carry his ass” and help him get to the city ? Shouldn’t he achieve that with his own strength. Even worse, what if he die because he can’t protect himself ? The party know that he have hit his limit and know that he can do other great things like training new adventurers, not just throwing him out like garbage.

Dex-chan lover
I think, rather than a Lord, it might have been better for MC to become an Instructor or Teacher instead.
That way he could keep using his skills to nurture the new generation of talents.

@Gauvain:

Not necessarily.

Rice production depends on several factors, but in general, a "standard" rice field during the Sengoku period could produce ten koku of rice. I remember reading somewhere that the size of a "standard" rice field back then was roughly one hectare, so you'd need at least 250 hectares to produce 2,500 koku of rice.

Of course, that doesn't mean the MC's fief is only 250 hectares in size. Those 250 hectares only represent the amount of land that has been set aside for food production. You'd need to allocate additional land for the towns and villages of your residents, pasture for your livestock, and perhaps forests, rivers, and mountains for other resources. That could be another 250 hectares or even 25,000 hectares -- but we have no way of knowing for sure this early in the story.

tl;dr: All we need to know at this point is that the MC's fief has enough room and resources to support 2,500 people.

Dex-chan lover
@Morose

Even if he somehow became one without explaining his skill, could anyone guarantee they actually awaken their talents / survive unexpected situations ?

@Assam
But I am still surprised it is a good production, because it is a big part of the diet in the Asian population, is it a well nourished population?
At worst 250 hectares is only 2.5 km², but hey there are roads and paths, it takes more space than you think and the separation hedges, low wall, area where nothing can be done, the marshes by example

In any case very interesting, is it wiki info?, or you have more precise info.

@Gauvain:

I got those figures from some books on Japanese history, but you can easily find similar information online. Here's an example that might interest you:

https://jref.com/articles/kokudaka.284/

I try not to use Wikipedia because anyone can add data to that site without providing sources for references.

Well on the bright side, he wasn't kicked out maliciously, and his party members love him.

I'm glad that it's a story where the dismissal happens on friendly terms for once.

@Assam
Yeah wiki is to be taken with a grain of salt
Thank you with your link I have the names of books and authors, I can surely find, I have a university account I have access to a lot of books in PDF, scientific work, ...

@Assam
Tu as écrit en français, car tu as vu que j'étais Français dans mon premier commentaire ?
Ou c'est comme "voilà" et autres mots, phrases qui sont utilisées dans certain pays ?
Ou tu est Français

You wrote in French, because you saw that I was French in my first comment?
Or is it like "voilà" and other words, phrases that are used in certain countries?
Or you are French

i like the start. usually these "kicked from the party" type mangas always start with bad feelings. its nice to see the main character wasn't kicked out over some bullshit.

People keep using the term ditching him like it's a bad thing. It's obvious that ditching him is the right choice here though. It's more loving than continuing to let him get more hurt and possibly killed for what was becoming a suicidal dream. He didn't even try and negotiate staying because he had long been aware that he was slowing them down even with his doubling skill.

I think some people are to deep in the mind of needing to hate the heroes party even when that not the intent of the story.

Dex-chan lover
@ghostt
It's the other way around. He abandoned her.

They were dating, and the MC decides decides he's going to leave the party, but he doesn't want to "hold Tiana back," so he tells her he's breaking up with her. And then, when she pleads with him and says she'll follow him wherever he goes, he lies to her and says that he's breaking up with her "because she's annoying."

And then she spends the rest of the published story unrequitedly pining after him while suffering all kinds of setbacks.

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer Dude, they didnt throw him to the streets, they paid him proper compensation. This is like the worst player in any sport team, no matter how much he has worked for the team, he is always at risk of getting replaced by someone better.
In a professional environment this much is obvious, even more when they are risking their lifes like those characters do. Or what do you expect? Them to stay forever at a level of danger where the MC is comfy out of gratitude? or keep trying harder levels till he, or someone else trying to help him, dies? Dude, they are trying to defeat the freaking Demon King ffs.

Dex-chan lover
@ghostt
The novel is still in progress, so it's still anyone's guess but the author's how it'll turn out in the end. There is a translation in the works, though they're a little under a 3rd of the way to catching up to the raw.

Users who are viewing this thread