I, Who Possessed a Trash Skill "Thermal Operator," Became Unrivaled - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Fed-Kun's army
That typesetting is offsetting 😭. Thanks for the chapter tho.
So if he can control temperature then he can probably.... reach the sun's temperature 🤔?

Dex-chan lover
Interesting resolution choice. Well, thanks for the chapter either way. Honestly everything besides the sizing seemed fine.

Double-page supporter
Can you at least double the resolution? Don't care about the blurry drawing, but the text is really hurting my eyes.

Fed-Kun's army
lol so tiny, I checked the available raws and they weren't that bad, what happened?

Aggregator gang
"Jokes aside this is my first translation and there might be some mistakes, so fell free to let me know if you see any. "

I love this guy's humor... right? 😅

not bad, but jesus that scan quality... guess its work with what ya got but damn

critique: First, thanks for picking up the translating duties.

FWIW, translations should not be "word for word" as some of the first pages were confusing. Lost track of the story on the last panel of Page 1 ("You went of the line.") Not sure what that even means. I suspect it meant "You went OVER the line." Sentence structure is also important, which comes to type setting.

Type setting: Times New Roman is a good font for documents like text based books, legal documents, newspapers, etc. It's not that great for comic books, cartoons, and manga. Originally, I used Comic Sans for typesetting translations, but was shown Anime Ace 2.0 looks better. Also word layout really is important. You can easily keep the text within the speech bubbles two ways. Most typesetters will split the word wherever they choose, like page 6 "This still isn't my limit but it evaporated." Some typesetters would have put the d in evaporated on the next line, but for a better look it could have been split to display
evapor-
ated.

This keeps the display looking cleaner. While most scanlators don't do this, if it looks like the text is going to be too big for the speech bubble, I have never felt bad about increasing the size of the text bubble.

Still, you did well on your first try. Keep working at it and you'll get better!

Dex-chan lover
scan quality just needed to be sharpen using photoshop or any similar software, at least use comic sans for texts

thanks for the pick up dont worry about what others say i've seen worse first time translations all you really need is the sentence structure a little better and get some higher quality raws other that tha good job

Users who are viewing this thread