I Woke Up 20 Years Later! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Wait so she just spontaneously created a new branch of magic and sprouted wings?
Okay.

Fed-Kun's army
That was like , lightning quick, but the destination is pretty interesting. Isekai Otaku Leslie Knope running a country/territory against some trifling ho from a rival gang. I'm down.

Dex-chan lover
Now,
It's finally here where Main Heroine is Action Girl and not "waiting to be saved" or "the girl that can do nothing"
😀

Wtf just happened lol
Looks like the other kid didn't turn out as good as the attendant

20 fucking years! 20!!! how can a war go for that long? that place would already be ruins, and the enemy too. war are all type of expensive. at least it must be easy for mc to take care of it, their economy must be crying.

I'm digging the loyal good-looking smart and powerful butler character like The Black Butler, I'd like to see more of such characters in more mangas~
Besides that, I'm digging the shounen fighting magical fantasy relentless strong female MC who pays back in revenge if true bitches come at her in an isekai otome setting. Need more fierce female MCs and I really hope to see Bayonetta inspired sassy sexy fierce bossy strong female character as MC. I've seen some other fierce female MCs too but they are the ice queen type, not the sassy bossy type, but I stan that kind of characters anyway~

Dex-chan lover
So the supposedly dead woman sprouts wings and appears to end a war, huh?

...Yep...

Now then...just how does a war last 20 years? Did the rebel house just ineffectually plink against the kingdom while the royal family had their hands tied?
Well, at least the prince was punished.

Dex-chan lover
@suzubelle : She was 'antagonist' (someone who oppose the protagonist), but not a 'villain' (according to the MC, she's a righteous type)

And she's not in the 'wrong' there, she IS the prince's fiancee whereas the heroine is seducing an engaged man.

Aggregator gang
from what i understand from otome game manga`s. the protagonist is always in the wrong. when it comes to relationships. as because they always put an obstacle in the form of a rival girl fiance(men in a relationship but forced) like making a reason for them to be together but not necessary like each other. and with the trope of free relationships because of game choices. it always turns in to seducing multiple men, as for their relation are never with friendly or common interest(just because its so written). as they want to show off each character so they are always apart of others when doing so.

Dex-chan lover
Imaging you live in a feudal system, one lord rebels and make your life miserable by waging a war and your king does nothing. For 20 years. Let's face it. That ruling family is hated by the people AND other noble houses by now, no matter what kind of dirt that Baron has on them.

Dex-chan lover
@moonlight00 it's not too unbelievable. There are a lot of examples for lengthy conflicts. The Hundred Years' War, for example.

What is unbelievable is that nobody thought it would be prudent to overthrow the current ruling monarchy, because, according to this chapter, the only reason this kingdom doesn't roflstomp the opposition is some dirt they have on royal family.

Dex-chan lover
Hm... I wonder who wrote that Otome game where the Main character is a 2-faced person.

It reminds me of a Chinese light novel I read.

@Reimos sure there are examples of long ass wars. but look at when? they all old. do you know why? i not sure either, lol, but i can guess that it has to do with how fully one could destroy another. since 'the bomb' dropped, the world has adopted a tendency of doing it dirty and fast or not doing it at all. so i considered the level of tech they have, enough for bombs with some magic based stuff. they can destroy a lot using mana, so how can two sides not destroy each other in the long run? also is the other side really so equal to the original rulers that they can keep going fighting for such long time? is the original ruler that weak that they can't completely destroy the enemy so the dirty news is hidden 'forever'? there can be explanations, sure, but i don't think we will dive that deep. so we will have to accept what it is for what it is, but that doesn't change the impression it gave me.
so yeah, wars in the past took long because of limitations, they literally couldn't kill the bastards they hated. considering this, i could only come to the conclusion that they don't really want to destroy one another and the war should be quite superficial (maybe even beneficial for both parties), or both sides are incompetent (what we see a lot on fantasy).
we will have to wait and see if the author will give any more explanation, i wouldn't bet on it tho, i would rather bet on mc cleaning the floor with both sides and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread