Ichioku-nen Button o Renda Shita Ore wa, Kizuitara Saikyou ni Natteita: Rakudai Kenshi no Gakuin Musou - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@KuroRaze @Doomer
He actually did completely lose his mind, he was completely broken by the end. The problem is once it’s over the button time is erased from his memory. So he kept pressing it, only remembering everything when he’s back in the pocket dimension with his mind intact as he came in. By then it’s too late and curses himself, only to go insane all over again. Eventually he manages to cut through the dimension itself and escaping, that’s why he remembers everything. In the WN he sees the cut and quickly denies it but you can see he was rattled and knows it really happened.

I can’t remember much but, it was implied in the WN that the only way to end it was to kill himself in the pocket dimension which would end his life outside as well. It was the old mans goal and was surprised that he managed to break out. I don’t believe why was ever made clear, amusement probably. The old man wasn’t there because he ran for his life knowing he’d want to kill him after breaking free.

Shugureryu? Is that a reference to the "Shigure souen ryu" from Katekyu hitman reborn?

If so then that is completely the worst way to reference it.

Fed-Kun's army
im conflicted because i'm usually making arguments in support of mc who work for their skills. i always want to see mc that work for their skills thats why i always drop 90% of all isekai i come across. for this case it's tricky though..he was in that dimension for a shit ton of years..and he's bitching and complaining about someone who is probably only good in his damn school. his opponent was greatly exaggerated to be powerful.

i do fencing and kendo. you only need one attack and one combination. a thrust and a parry and riposte. just these two moves will carry you really far as long as you know how to control distance to be able to use them. thats all you need but this fucker is complaining and WANTS to go for another 100 million years? i can't. i like characters that earn their skill but not characters who after many years have gained NO confidence. a 100 million years. think on that! but his self esteem is still that friggin low? there should be no doubt at all that he'd be the winner. 100 million years, thats enough for him to be adept at almost everything!

i can teach my students how to properly pull off of a parry riposte and kick peoples ass in 10 minutes even if the people they're fencing against have been doing it longer. a 100 million years man..i love swordsmanhip..love isekai mc that work for their skills but a 100 million years and still lacking in confidence only until he witnessed his progress in actual battle? i'm not going to follow this one. this time i actually feel bad for dropping this one. this time its the not plot..or the theme..it's the damn character lol

It won't be a hundred million button anymore if you press it a multiple times O z n||| it was like an addiction + low self confidence kind of thing

The concept of long years of training and gaining power through efforts is fine, the disappointing part is the execution so far...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that's not what's gonna happen after 100 million years.

100 million years of solitude is more than enough to forget that you were ever a person. If this wasn't a cheap plot device to make MC OP, he would've returned as a mentally broken husk of a man with a thousand yard stare (or 100 million years stare).

Fed-Kun's army
100 million years, not a single growth in character. You don't need external influence to grow confidence or relieve yourself of vengeful emotions. He spent 100 million years and never had a single moment of thought where he even tried to calm his spirit, become the singularity that every form of martial arts aims to pursue? Even naturally, that's something that comes with progress, yet none.

@OsoJr
He is a child after all. He has none of experience or spirit.
If you let an infant to grow up without teaching, it will be grown into some kind of animal or Psycho without common sense
We have the phrase: Teacher brings you in class, but study is yourself.
Which means Teacher only give you idea and you have to study and improve yourself.
And in this case, he has no teacher, he only study on what he knows, that make he train aimlessly.
Compare to other MCs in other Manga, he is just normal child without sense of martial art or magic

Watching manga right now : another isekai'd OP character
After reading light novel : EPIC !!

Author must have giving too much thanks to the "press this button to..." meme.
Well, at least its looking great.

That impact was weak that bully should be dead and cut in half. This motherfer has shadow clones and trained longer than most civilizations he should be a death god right now.

Dex-chan lover
@Reimos you know that huge amount of time plot device is also used by the bad guy in the manga with zeff einstein. At the beginning he thought he was becoming mad then try to create new magic in order to get his revenge.(latest chapter)
Also did you know the hole in the button was due to the sword slash making a hole in the pocket world.

Fed-Kun's army
It took him 10,000 years to reinvent shadow boxing. Dude could have gotten himself some froopy land residents in that time, and then gotten his ass kicked by them.

Dex-chan lover
this guy is so humble, he spent millions of years practicing sword and he still thinks that he couldn't beat the guy lol

Users who are viewing this thread