Ichizu Bitch-chan (Pre-Serialization) - Ch. 60 - A Story Of A Mother Who Is Worried About Her Son(s)

Dex-chan lover
@MonsieurQuack so yeah shes still hot trash, looks like shes getting better but the general response to her character is right, fuck her

Dex-chan lover
Wow. This family became wholesome in an instant. And I thought it will be long and painful for them all to build better relationship.

Translation group? What a funny guys you are! Who cares about translation group's standpoints and beliefs, as long as they translate close to original?
If someone changes character's lines and gives them another meaning depending on what the translator wants, that's another case, but honestly, I've almost never seen such pathetic translators

Dex-chan lover
All my homies hate child abuse. But they also understand that people aren't one-dimensional villains.

Dex-chan lover
@MonsieurQuack
No, they aren't. Even though she had "good intentions" it doesn't excuse what she did. She has caused both of her sons to have a ton of both physical and mental trauma from her abusive "teachings". As a parent, there are just some things that you should never do which she has not only done, but has done many times.

Things like ranking your children against each other and compairing them. Then using that as a method of "correction". You can't have a "favorite/prefered child" as a parent. And you especially should never tell one that you wish they would be like the other(s). This is a surefire way to give at least one of them a complex about themselves, hammer down on their self esteem, etc...

And obviously you shouldn't harm them on purpose. Especially with an object, and especially not on their head of all places. She hit MC on the head with the corner of a picture frame hard enough to draw a decent amount of blood. That's not ok. She honestly should not be allowed to be left alone with her kids, but that is likely way too heavy for this manga. And the other Mom should have brought something up to someone who handles these kind of things, if there is something like CPS in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
@MonsieurQuack
@bigtiddyoneesan
@JavelinJoe
Parents can only do what they know how to do. Sometimes it isn't good enough.

I don't make friends with new people easily and all of my friends are coworker (who in these times I never see). I never hit either one of my kids. My older daughter has been extremely extremely successful in school (HS valedictorian, right now finishing a Masters in Cellular and Molecular Biology). I tried to never interfere with her decisions and I've never pushed her to "do more". What happens? She pushes herself to the breaking point anyway and has no time for friends. (She never learned to make time for friends because I didn't know how to teach her.) This leaves her an emotional wreck and she talks with a therapist weekly.

She sent me a link to this video the other day:

Childhood Emotional Neglect | 15 Signs You've Been Through Invisible Trauma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwtC3HUpfgs

So, I did the best I could and it still wasn't enough.

Dex-chan lover
Her son says that she doesn't look so good. She's drawn with tired eyes. She says "...Yes, I'm sure my sons will be fine."

She's sick. Might be terminal.

@HaxtonFale Your experience does not invalidate this story, or vice versa. I do hope you understand that what you have shared and what the story portrays are not situations of equal magnitude. The mother has given him mental stress due to her expectations, but has not (to my knowledge) gone so far as to lock him up and deprive him of books/light.

Additionally, I am not quite sure you understood the meaning of “the road to hell is paved with good intentions” since you provided an example that supports that idea.

Dex-chan lover
I really want to see what happens between them. It sucks that its exclusive to the volume

Dex-chan lover
@wallsg
I completely agree that you can only do what you know how to do. However this isn't exactly one of those cases. The mom clearly has some personal traumas/regrets about something, and she is taking it out on her kids in order to push them to be better. And in a physically violent manner as well.

I think the difference between yours and her situations is that these are 2 very different kinds of behavior. The FMC's mom, as well as the brothers seem to know that what their mom is doing to them is considered abusive. She herself even seems to realize it a bit too. MC even tries to hide the fact that he is being abused.

As opposed to invisible trauma, which tends to be very hard to notice at first or while it is happening, since there are sometimes no easy identifiers, as per say a cut or bruise is for physical abuse.

The fact is that their mom is abusive, and she may even know that herself, but isn't doing anything to correct herself until just recently when it was blatantly told to her face by someone outside of their family.

Group Leader
@popgoesthelalu I trust y'all when you say you really come out against abuse; I don't think there was any bad blood -- at least not from my side, I just get irritated when people defend abuse citing themselves as having come out fine. I appreciate the ping and taking time to talk about this.

Users who are viewing this thread