Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 16 Ch. 123 - ...... Hey, Senpai...

Dex-chan lover
this is peak Rom-com man, Nanashi using complex character behaviour once again. you actually had to think about that exactly happened and why

Pretty good chapter, I never thought senpai will cockblock himself with telling her "Arent you wanna win in judo" just for the sake of making his love confident in herself.

Gamo being a huge ass wingwoman, Taiga's behaviour seems to turn around and understand whats going on,
and asks gamo for more match so they not barge in on them.

All this for Nao to tell hayase: "I cant cheer for you right now"

Yes, he seems like an asshole for the first time but lets wait for his reasoning.
I cant hug you cuz i am hard or something?

He wants her to be confident against Orihara,
but giving up the your biggest chance to kiss her... was it worth it...?

we will find out 14th of March. (WHAT IS JAPAN WHITE DAY BTW)

This was one hell of an ending. What a cliffhanger Nanashi. The nagatoro community will be in war for the next two weeks at least.

Obviusly, in my opinion, Senpai isnt an asshole. He wants her to be more confident. And to trust herself.

i can see a convo like:

nao" you know..."
nao"You dont have to fight for the kiss...or me..."
nao"because you already got me... i will be there for you..."
nao"you have to do it for youself"

--- all this in the next chapter.

To be real:
If he gives her what she wants now... she then loses all of the drive she's had. Her goal was him. He knows it, she knows it. But he also knows she wants to return to Judo. She admitted her senses were coming back, she admitted she was frustrated and gained back that competitive drive she had after that first loss. She wouldn't have gained that drive back if she didn't love it. But she's reached a point now where she's unsure of herself. He's the only thing keeping the doubt from doing something really destructive like making her give up. He can't take that away from her. Not now, not after she's worked so hard. She needs it.And look at her. She opened up completely to him. Admitted she was lost, drowned herself in training hoping it would help her figure it out. She was so vulnerable. Would the Nagatoro 100 chapters ago do that? Never.
You said everything I was thinking and more. Wonderful review of the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Is this the influence of a certain twitter manga with the bullying teasing but with a darker tone

Dex-chan lover
Fml, as soon as we hit a nice pace we hit a wall. Author-san of this goes the rent'a-shit friend i will rip my dick off.
guessing author san's taking the opportunity that his/her work is still in adaptation and wanna stretch the story chapters a bit. which gets pretty steep downhill if author san gets comfortable about it

Dex-chan lover
I'm as annoyed as anyone else here seeing the characters and want to see getting together, for real, delaying the action.

BUT!

From the 1000 alternativas how this scene could had ended, I would preffer the other 999 options for the imediate satisfaction, but.. this actual option chosen be the author may be actually the interesting option.
Senpai is brutal.
Remember that school competition?
He idolizes Nagatoro, rather than being him, the protagonist, suffering from pressure to correspond to Nagatoro's expectations, it's the contrary. It's Nagatoro whom suffers to met the high expectations he has of her, and those can't be easily met.

Senpai is a much more demanding partner than Nagatoro.

Anyway...
ejbXz2f.png

Dex-chan lover
I'm as annoyed as anyone else here seeing the characters and want to see getting together, for real, delaying the action.

BUT!

From the 1000 alternativas how this scene could had ended, I would preffer the other 999 options for the imediate satisfaction, but.. this actual option chosen be the author may be actually the interesting option.
Senpai is brutal.
Remember that school competition?
He idolizes Nagatoro, rather than being him, the protagonist, suffering from pressure to correspond to Nagatoro's expectations, it's the contrary. It's Nagatoro whom suffers to met the high expectations he has of her, and those can't be easily met.

Senpai is a much more demanding partner than Nagatoro.

Anyway...
ejbXz2f.png
yeah this is what feel whats going on now, i mean its good hes doing something about her hobby or 'dream' or something shes enjoying doing but, irl how many times hes had to push nagatoro out of her comfort zone would have already made MC maidenless lol.
every person has limit ig thats not it for nagatoro, yet.

Dex-chan lover
To accept her advance now would invalidate all of her work up to this point. I know that's probably not why he's saying it, but it's the right thing to say.

Dex-chan lover
I understand Senpai's reasoning and admire his conviction and interest in seeing her overcome her fears, but she will probably get quite pissed at him. Anyone would if this was a real life scenario. He could've been smoother and motivate her a bit, but i think he believes that just being straightforward will give the best results.
In any case, we all know everything will fortunately work out well in the end. At most, one of them may or may not win their personal struggles (the judo tournament or the art academy approval), but they will be there for each other.

Dex-chan lover
the little beansprout from chapter 1 just said "bitch get your titties out my face and get back to work"
i dont give a shit about nagatoro's judo (you're a girl, what's the point), i'm just happy chadpai's started taking control. great character development.

Why didn't you kiss her you moron she's literally in front of you with her tits on full display!
"This is why nobody will remember your name."

Okay I am joking around but to be real for a moment, he is 100% doing the right thing for somebody who he cares about. He knows how much this battle with Orihara means to her and he does not want to see her throw away any of her motivation just because of a moment of weakness. That is what a good partner does. They will have many opportunities for the tits-out makeout. But this battle is important to her and she needed the reminder. She needed this push. Just like Naoto did, all those times in the past.

Dex-chan lover
The word cum kinda took me off of the experience, of course that something that she would say but still a strange word to see into a romcom manga.

Users who are viewing this thread