Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 19 Ch. 141 - I'm... I'm fighting for myself and for senpai!!

Dex-chan lover
I Predict that Nagatoro lose by just 1-2 points. it would be nice if she truly won in the end.
She already won the match though? There is no winning or losing by more than one point in judo - first one to score an ippon (full point) directly or by getting two waza-ari (half points) wins the match.

What's odd is that they still use yuko in this manga, this score has been done away with in 2017, after they've already removed the koka in 2008. Is this chapter this old or was the author just not aware of the change?

Dex-chan lover
Everything about that second last panel is leaving me thinking that Nagatoro's throw was countered at the last second. Orihara's feet are solidly placed, both of Nagatoro's are still left flailing in the air.

And her expression is not one of concentration or exertion at pulling off the technique, that's totally an "oh shit!" moment lol

Dex-chan lover
Everything about that second last panel is leaving me thinking that Nagatoro's throw was countered at the last second. Orihara's feet are solidly placed, both of Nagatoro's are still left flailing in the air.
You can clearly see that Nagatoro is the one throwing on pg21, where she is still pushing off the ground while Orihara is already airborne from being thrown. Naturally, a page later, Orihara has already landed mostly (one foot is just coming down, the other still in the air) while Toro is still completing her own roll forwards. No counter happened in this situation, and any counter would not have looked anything like this.
If anything could have gone wrong, then it would have been Nagatoro having only just run out of time, which is still a possibility. The timekeeper might still announce that the match had already run its course and that the ippon came too late.

Dex-chan lover
I bet she lose by time runs out, but she already acheive her gial.

Dex-chan lover
She already won the match though? There is no winning or losing by more than one point in judo - first one to score an ippon (full point) directly or by getting two waza-ari (half points) wins the match.

What's odd is that they still use yuko in this manga, this score has been done away with in 2017, after they've already removed the koka in 2008. Is this chapter this old or was the author just not aware of the change?
I think that the series was always early in the 2010's in nature. Smartphones are definitely a thing already, but world doesn't feel Covid-ish era.

Dex-chan lover
Expected some sports manga power up, but progress seems almost inevitable

Users who are viewing this thread