Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 23 - I'll rub it on for you♥ Senpai

@gustbk and @nyanpass
I believe the Japanese term that was used is "riajuu" meaning anyone socially and/or financially successful that doesn't spend their time on anonymous imageboards. It is a 2ch (the most popular japanese language imageboard) term that is synonymous with the 4chan (the most popular english language imageboard) term "normalfag". As the former started as a copy of the later, this explains why normalfag is used. Consider it a localization informed by knowledge of the similar internet cultures. No really, the only difference between a typical 4chan and 2ch poster is the language used to convey the posts. "Normalfag" is ancient by internet standards but S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is known to lurk and regularly posts on /a/ under a trip so I suspect this is why he uses "normalfag".

Currently, the more prolific "normie", as defined mostly by /r9k/ has come to be synonymous with "normalfag". Fanged Scans, or more specifically Rotoscopic, probably uses the term "normie" as it is more widely known, thanks in part to /r9k/ adopting pepe ahead of /pol/ as part of their exploitable OC work and it going viral as a subversive meme. Roroscopic even used the word in his victory lap in the comments for this chapter RE: Fanged getting their translation out before /a/'s.

The two are interchangeable and I doubt anyone translating a vanilla bullying manga by non other than Nanashi cares about identity politics enough for it to inform their translations.

The moar you know

Nagatoro you cuck, don't just let other women step on your Senpai like that

@futbuk that is correct, but the term "normie" is almost excusively used by actual normalfags and wasn't in use at all until like 2014/2015 or whenever the dumb phoneposter and fappening retards flooded 4chan . just put this in google search:
site:facebook.com "normie"
site:reddit.com "normie"
and then compare the number of results to
site:reddit.com "normalfag"
site:facebook.com "normalfag"

Dex-chan lover
Sunscreen's great not just for the beach, but for everyday use. Skin damage happens pretty fast, so if you're going to spend a decent amount of time in the sun at all, it's good to apply it. SPF 50 is good, because even though experts say 30's enough, most brands actually don't give you the full 30, and in practice, you need SPF 50 to get SPF 30's worth of actual protection.

Sunglasses are also good to wear, and are like "suncreen for your eyes". They aren't just to look cool, they're helpful for driving and also in general to prevent eye problems like cataracts.

Dex-chan lover
daww he really loves her, just needs to admit it to himself and actually start improving himself

pool water is heavier so it would be easier to float there than is sea water, so how come he can float better is sea water ?

Contributor
2x

While looking at her.

If people didn't wanna use 'normalfag', 'normie' works just fine. Normies, mundanes, whatever, different subcultures call them different things and generally look down on them. It's usually only defined with regards to their own culture too, so a BDSM-context normie might still be a total NEET that sneers at all the girlfriend-having normies.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf that went from extremely hard to extremely wholesome.

I loved it.

Nagatoro doesnt fuck around, not lovers? You think that'll stop me and make me go away all depressed like a shoujo girl? Pucker up your asshole senpai you asked for this.

Well at least the friends have kind of backed off a bit?

Going to the beach with 3 beautiful girls .....

Users who are viewing this thread