I'll Rate Any Song: Part II

Double-page supporter
Hello everyone. Since the old thread with this title (I'll rate any song you post in this thread) seems to no longer be maintained; as a lover of music I am re-continuing the trend.

I will rate any music you post on a scale of 1 to 10 as I am able to do so.

Other people may feel free to offer their ratings as well! This is a community thread after all! 🥰

Scale:

1- Oh GOD.

2- My ears hurt!

3- what's that noise????!

4- Spare me, please!!

5- Its bad.

6- It's not very good

7- It's okay. AVERAGE OKI!

8- Woo! GOOD!

9- This is AMAZING! 🤩

10- THIS IS THE BEST SONG I HAVE EVER HEARD!!

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Rating: 7! (It's OK! Average Oki!)

Quick Review:

It's an old fashioned up-tempo anime song. Very nostalgic! The singer has a pleasant voice and it's a song I wouldn't mind hearing on occassion in almost any Anime playlist.

Double-page supporter
Score: 8- (Woo! GOOD!)

Quick Review:

A quick and uplifting beat with great cadence and rhythm to it. It's repetitive, but thats the norm for background OSTs. A great background song from a legendary series. Would go well in an Electronica or Game Music playlist.

Double-page supporter
Well, I will start as well with an OST:
expand...
Score: 7- (It's Ok. Average Oki!))

Quick Review:

Has an pretty good lead guitar line with some decent bends (bending the strings during, after or inbetween notes)(might be synthetic). Would probably make for some good battle music as a background OST. Like many of these kinds of background songs, it's repetitive, but that's the expectation.

Double-page supporter

best song in cracktorio's soundtrack
Score: 7- (It's Ok. Average Oki!))

Quick Review:

It's a very soothing and calm song. It would be really good for relaxing or sleeping, and would go well on those kind of playlists as well. Definitely good for a game that requires a lot of thinking like Factorio. That way it doesn't distract you or interrupt your train of thought. 😀

Double-page supporter
Any music ? Ok, so let's try with this one :

Score: 6- (It's not very good)

Quick Review:

It's not bad! But it's not very good either. Didn't stand out as much as it could have.

Guitars were decent. Good fretwork. All these kinds of songs have such heavy distortion that it can make it hard to keep track of the Chord progression tho, and that's definitely the case here. Could have done better with a strong stand out lead guitar solo. What we got didn't stand out that much but it wasn't bad.

I'm probably not doing it justice though! Maybe someone who's more into this kind of metal can rate it as well?

Double-page supporter
Okay, now a song a I love to dance with:
Score: 8- (Woo! Good.)

Quick Review:

I like big band and swing jazz although I don't really listen to them very much anymore (used to play in concert and jazz bands back all through school). It was one of the better old-timey pieces. The trumpet solos really carried it to an 8 rather than a 7.

I liked it.

Dex-chan lover
It was hard to choose between all the fantastic songs/versions from Trails in the Sky but I think this one really encapsulates the feel of the entire series:

Dex-chan lover
Two live recordings performed by the author (I'd have put just the oldest but there's background noise), the first one has some explanatory text and the second just the performance. There are a lot of arrangements nowadays though (even with lyrics), but it's hard to portray the same sentiment:
+

Dex-chan lover
__fu_hua_and_fu_hua_honkai_and_1_more_drawn_by_youtho__sample-1e1107adcbdb763bea161e1111bd3c52.jpg

Double-page supporter
It was hard to choose between all the fantastic songs/versions from Trails in the Sky but I think this one really encapsulates the feel of the entire series:
Score: 9- (Amazing)

Quick Review:

Has a pretty quick beat and paired with it the female singer has great range and vocals! The violin solo was very good as well. And the background sound and vocals was on point. I really liked it. She really sings her heart out using probably almost her entire singing range to do so.

Double-page supporter
Two live recordings performed by the author (I'd have put just the oldest but there's background noise), the first one has some explanatory text and the second just the performance. There are a lot of arrangements nowadays though (even with lyrics), but it's hard to portray the same sentiment:
+
Score: 9.5- (Amazing.)

Quick Review:

The Cello as an instrument certainly has a great tone, deep but not too deep, and evokes the melancholic feelings in the listener, but can rise up to amazing high notes in the upper registry, and this Cellist really brings it all out just as easily as if they had pushed the play button on a record player. The piano just drops right in, right there at the end for a perfect fit.

Loved it. ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread