I'm a Curse Crafter, and I Don't Need an S-Rank Party! - Ch. 25.3

Dex-chan lover
Rewind your memory back a bit. These aren't skillful assassins. They are just punching bags for their employer. Sure, they are better than Wolf Pack, but that's not an achievement to be proud of.
That makes one question if everyone that’s not on the mc’s side are going to be stupid as shit. Is that how they’re going to keep the story going?

Dex-chan lover
That makes one question if everyone that’s not on the mc’s side are going to be stupid as shit. Is that how they’re going to keep the story going?

Being on his side offers the opportunity to buy up to a national treasure level magic tools for a cheap price. Since the MC isn't supporting anything in particular, he's not a great patriot who wouldn't sell to people from other countries. Nor is he a fundamentalist supporter of some destructive ideology that he would drive forward through his wares. Pretty much the only intelligent reason to oppose him would be to remove him from the market if you were a competitor. He doesn't really have any. An ultra conservative and narrow-minded nobleman might also fear his tools would disrupt the social order, like allowing peasants to rebel, and thus want to remove him. But I reckon most smart nobles would find it more interesting to buy tools from him, if they were aware of him and what his tools are really like.

So, in short, most intelligent people would appreciate his services, while opposing him is mostly for stupid reasons.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boiiiii. And to think his girls haven't even arrived yet. Good lad Gail. Also Maura is going to lose her shit when she arrives at the scene 😂

Dex-chan lover
At this stage, he hasn't even used any of his tools yet.
Looking forward to Gaile getting hands-on again like what he did while he was heading to this town.

Dex-chan lover
Rewind your memory back a bit. These aren't skillful assassins. They are just punching bags for their employer. Sure, they are better than Wolf Pack, but that's not an achievement to be proud of.
I don't really think that's the same thing, tbh. Her employer was the prince of the empire, and she's the leader of an assassination guild hired by the prince to kill the princess of a neighboring kingdom, and who would've succeeded if not for MC creating a curse nobody would think should be able to exist (basically rivaling the demon king's heart but with no bad effects). Not going against a prince throwing a tantrum isn't weakness, it's just not wanting to piss off the royal family, and there's no reason to really doubt the abilities they're supposed to have in-universe.

I won't deny they come across as also stupid, but I think there's a difference between "they should be written stupid because they're oafs like Kash's group" and "they were portrayed as supposed to be better than this, so it comes off as dumb when they have such obvious blind spots". But I guess that's just the kinda manga this is.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really think that's the same thing, tbh. Her employer was the prince of the empire, and she's the leader of an assassination guild hired by the prince to kill the princess of a neighboring kingdom, and who would've succeeded if not for MC creating a curse nobody would think should be able to exist (basically rivaling the demon king's heart but with no bad effects). Not going against a prince throwing a tantrum isn't weakness, it's just not wanting to piss off the royal family, and there's no reason to really doubt the abilities they're supposed to have in-universe.

I won't deny they come across as also stupid, but I think there's a difference between "they should be written stupid because they're oafs like Kash's group" and "they were portrayed as supposed to be better than this, so it comes off as dumb when they have such obvious blind spots". But I guess that's just the kinda manga this is.
If the prince really evaluated them highly, he wouldn't randomly beat up the assassins' leader. He would be even worried for his own safety after mistreating them. So, the assassins are largely toothless, maybe by design so that they can't turn upon their own government.

Dex-chan lover
If the prince really evaluated them highly, he wouldn't randomly beat up the assassins' leader. He would be even worried for his own safety after mistreating them. So, the assassins are largely toothless, maybe by design so that they can't turn upon their own government.
I guess we'll just have to disagree then, because I think an assassin not murdering their employer for this kind of behavior isn't a sign of weakness/lack of skill, it's just an acknowledgement of the political totem pole and the fact that a single assassin's guild likely can't go against an entire empire after killing royalty. When it comes to assassins, unnecessary cruelty/"work" and actual skill are often different things.

Dex-chan lover
oh boy, don't blame me. I just translated the update on the official raw site. so the author is the one who splits not me.
I know it is. I ain't mad at you, far beyond that. I'm mad at the author/publisher who splits the chapters following strict lengths. Your group is doing a phenomal job atm, and I thank you for posting translations here for public viewing

Dex-chan lover
When it comes to assassins, unnecessary cruelty/"work" and actual skill are often different things.
It still won't make the best assassins. They are humans as well. History has proven time after time that you can't get everything out of people by using arbitrary cruelty. You can make people work through violence and fear, but they will then spend half of their time and effort pondering how they can get away from their current situation. On the other hand, if you make things too good for assassins, they may get greedy and get unnecessary ideas. You might say the assassins here are good enough for the empire's purposes, but not so good they would be a threat to the imperial family. Well, they might have been good enough before a certain curse artificer entered the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread