I'm a Curse Crafter, and I Don't Need an S-Rank Party! - Ch. 28.2

Dex-chan lover
Calling it now, he gets wounded trying to protect the curse lady, drama ensues, he gets better, happy ending.

Supporter
Did anyone else notice that Gaile now has a new quest to gather all 6 parts of the Demon Kings heart and reassemble it for research purposes?

This is how Umbrella started...

Dex-chan lover
This is like when a parent stops a kid from choking on food, and then the kid immediately goes to try to stick a fork in an electrical socket.

Awfully quick to try to throw away her life after Gaile saved her.

Dex-chan lover
It was a good idea with terrible execution.

Basically, it seems like at first it was something of a crafting system where you combine improvements and drawbacks. Boots that make you fast but becomes as fragile as paper, gloves that make you strong but as mobile as a rock, an amulet that transfers debuffs from the rest of the party to a single member, a piece of a demon that buffs everything you have but slowly eats up your life force and may make you go berserk. All of those, with being unable to take off the cursed equipment without a Dispell, spell or tag. And for better improvements, or maybe less drawbacks, you go for rarer/harder to find materials.
Also, things to cause or dispell curses during battle.
Basically a different look at things like the Atelier series. Maybe with a more goth aestetic.
And he would be naturally good at balancing these things for max improvements with as few drawbacks as possible, or drawbacks that sinergizes with the most common usage.

But at some point it just stopped listing the two sides of the items besides the looks, just went "this ring you can't take off looks creepy and makes a creepy barrier, but it will also save your life, constantly, with no actual drawbacks. Oh and the creepy things are just my personal taste, that you share anyways".
And I'm like, what the fuck. Did this just turn into just OP but looked down on because it looks creepy?
certainly it was a good idea and made sense to why he was so strong after he stopped getting the debuff of his teammates, problem is he's so broken that even the pope would wish to have his exorcism skills, which is funny how he can farm lich like nothing and death itself is afraid of him, but the problem is removing the stakes for future fights.

Dex-chan lover
I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m 28 chapters in and I can’t really get with the whole curscifying concept… frankly it doesn’t even go that well with normal fantasy RPG game logic
He makes cursed items that have extreme powerups but have negligible downsides unlike most cursed items whose downsides make them practically unusable.

Dex-chan lover
I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m 28 chapters in and I can’t really get with the whole curscifying concept… frankly it doesn’t even go that well with normal fantasy RPG game logic
It works perfectly fine in a "standard fantasy RPG"...

1) Every powerful item has a Downside.
2) "Cursed" items are naturally powerful, so their Downsides are ...inhibitive.. for normal use.
3) Cursifers can create "cursed" items.
4) Cursifers are natural debuffers, that can also debuff, and at high level/skill even undo, curse effects.
5) Cursifers, when creating an item, must put a mandatory debuff on an item. This may include any curse effects on that item.

So at high level Cursifers can create Cursed Items with the mandatory debuff mitigated to such extent that the items become useable by "ordinary" people with not much more risk than random sharp objects.
"Broadsword of Deja-Fu: +10 to all stats, vorpal.
User will suffer vivid flashbacks of most embarassing moments in life at random moments after use , delay of 30 mins."

A competent DM can work with stuff like that.... :cool:

Dex-chan lover
Finally Liznette-chan has fallen! Even with all thd blood and bruises she's cute, imagine when she decides to dress up like Maura to seduce him (and get utterly distraught when she realizes he's more dense than a wall of bricks!) Gyaatt I love this manga!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
certainly it was a good idea and made sense to why he was so strong after he stopped getting the debuff of his teammates, problem is he's so broken that even the pope would wish to have his exorcism skills, which is funny how he can farm lich like nothing and death itself is afraid of him, but the problem is removing the stakes for future fights.
He was supposed to have drawbacks. But seems like he doesn't anymore. That kinda breaks things.
At first his items had demerits, even if he could control them so they would not get in the way. Like, double evasion but also double damage if hit, give it to someone good at evading and they become an untouchable piece of glass. But now seems like the author doesn't even bother with that anymore. Wonder if it is the same with the novel this is probably based on.

Users who are viewing this thread