I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss

Male Isekai: I was reincarnated as the hero!
Female Isekai: I was reincarnated as the villain!

The question is, why are women so inherently evil that their fantasy is always to be born again as the bad girls?

@KajurN The duke daughter thing is because duke's are the second highest under kings so the prince's fiancee in light novels are usually the daughters of dukes.

Group Leader
@hathelaran there's a few ways you can slice it, but I take it as - most women identify more with flawed characters than the perfect ideal heroines. Plus, The Struggle Is Real. The battle of expectations, being villainized for existing/having your words taken the wrong way, etc, it's all very relatable.

This series is different from the shoujo manga that I have read.

This is the first time I like shoujo manga.

I have a problem about posting comments...
It is hard to see the other options above the comment type type thingy because they are colored white.

*Hard to see using Light-Slate theme
**Yeah, pretty much invisible only in Light-Slate theme.

Maybe it will eventually happen in this one, but I think one where both the heroine and villainess were isekai'd would be fun, especially if neither knew the other was, or knew but was still determined to "win".

@hatheleran I don't think it's that they identify with the villain, more that it's an easy way to have hurdles for the MC to dig their way out of. If they came back as the heroine, we basically wouldn't have a story as the "good ending" would be set. The vanilla flavor for this trope is finding a good end for both the heroine and the villainess, and the "what a tweeest" flavor is the heroine isn't as good as you think.

Even in this story thru Ch4 it could be:
Based on Cedric's demeanor towards the common people, I'm guessing the heroine is also meant to be not as good as people think. But there was also the possibility that she merely doesn't want Aileen to find a happy way out after all the mean things she's done.

In general there are common threads to these where the outcome for the villainess is often disproportional to the perceived crimes, they were mostly a product of their environment, etc. Or the other common angle is indeed the villainess is every bit as evil as claimed to that point, but gaining their old memories invokes a break with their old personality and they now have to work their way out of the situation with a change of heart.

@Xeans After the omake you're going to be waiting awhile, because this was the end of Vol1 and the next one isn't out yet. (Vol1 came out Nov 2018)

@theilikepie I don't think they translate from CN so that doesn't help them. I tried seeing where it was serialized, but the links are only to the tanko sales for some reason, and most groups aren't going to buy whole magazines for 1 chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread