I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss

@PuniTranslations Seeing the raws recently, if it were me I would translate the name as Eileen, not Aileen or Irene. アイリーン sounds like Eileen which is the way the name is always spelled in English and this is a European setting, so that makes sense. If you want someone to bounce TL ideas off of feel free to DM me or catch me on Discord.

Group Leader
@Aereus

It has been officially confirmed by the author herself that her name is Aileen Lauren Dautriche in a later chapter (it was written in English). アイリーン can be read in a multitude of ways, we just want to stick with the original intent the author had.

@PuniTranslations Ironically enough, I had written a bit longer post about the name thing and accidentally deleted it at first. In that one I had actually said "... Unless you've seen it officially spelled that way, because there are plenty of cases where they misspell a common English name since it's not their first language, or come up with "English sounding names" that aren't actually used." 😅

So it was that situation then huh, well carry on then ;)

I do quite like this story but the only thing that's holding me back is how Aileen attempted to drug Claude with aphrodisiac. And continues to do so in the side story and it's treated as a joke. That just creeps me out.

@DrDuckling That's the thing though. It doesn't matter if he's immune to it, it's still super creepy and treated as an endearing trait for Aileen when it absolutely shouldn't be. Everything else in the story is enjoyable except this.

That aside, I want to rec a song that you might like. Look up ✮Nightcore - Bad Romance (Switching Vocals/Rock Cover) on youtube. It's so good. Enjoy.

Male isekai MC usually have the same MC trope but most Female isekai MC has really unique and interesting characteristics

FMC ftw

Why is there no male isekai where the MC isn't a total moron or a pervert? I can't think of any male isekai that don't follow these tropes except for warlock of the magus world (chinese), and shield hero.

edit: read up to chapter 5,
A weak premise with strong writing otherwise, definitely worth reading

@optiso Do you mean a manga with little to no fanservice or just a protag who isn't pervy? You might enjoy Exterminator if you just want a protag who isn't a pervert. They shoehorned a total fanservice character into the story tho. The MC calls her the "Exhibitionist Knight" just to give you an idea.

Why is it that Female isekai MCs are infinitely better developed than male isekai MCs? I know that the "reincarnated as an otome villainess" trope is becoming very cliche but I can't stop reading them because the MCs seem like real people and not cardboard cutout self inserts.

Contributor
@jkisaprank:

I've been wondering this for a while and actually have various theories that probably no one wants to hear XD

The most plausible-sounding quick pseudo-explanation I can come up with is that isekai is essentially shounen power-fantasy taken to the extreme (to excess, usually, which when compounded with regular bad writing results in something just awful). A shoujo-isekai reigns in some of those overexposed shounen inclinations.

But as for my actual garbage pet theories (muahaha it's the internet you can't stop me):
To some extent it's because shoujo is at it's heart of hearts about people and relationships, whereas shounen at it's heart of hearts is about things and stuff happening. Shounen isekai tend to get overexcited about their world-building (even though it's not terribly good, usually) and "power levels" and whatnot, which unfortunately the isekai genre lends itself to easily. On the other hand, human relationships work pretty much the same in another world so there's less room to get sidetracked into bad writing, in shoujo.

Complementing that, the "average" women's indulgent fantasies about romance (involving ever-deeper bonds with men of intriguing and/or flawless character and, of course, good looks) nonetheless make much better reading than the "average" men's (which are basically just foreplay and sex—I mean I suppose they're plenty fun to read for some people, of course, but it tends to eat plot alive and suffocate any character development when poorly executed).

Basically, I'm saying men are just too damn excitable and don't think about other human beings as human beings, amiright? Fite me. XD

So, yeah, this "theory" of mine is garbage and possibly got offensive and sexist somewhere along the line, but I feel like I've got my hands around some of the edges of some truth in there somewhere? ~w~ I CAN JUST FEEL IT

'kay it's bedtime now. I'm terribly sorry if you've read this far. It all sounded less stupid in my head before I typed it, I swear.

why is both the manga and the light novel stop updating? I know that they are under no obligation to release for us unless we donate, but can we at least have update on progress? please. This novel and manga is so good.

Dex-chan lover
Did they just release a new raw chap or is that tomorrow?

edit: nah, it looks like they're just releasing daily snippets on the site -_-

Users who are viewing this thread