I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss

It’s confirmed: it’s its own subgenre now. We did it reddit.

Dex-chan lover
Well, another lady protagonist. there aren't many whom I like as a lady protagonist, but let's give it a try.

Dex-chan lover
From fantasy, emerges isekai.

From isekai, emerges otome game.

I feel like the strategy of mangakas is "copy someone else but add a twist to it. If it's good, it's a masterpiece. If it's bad, it'll be forgotten. Then try again"

10/10 ; art, story, humor, I LOVE IT !!
My second most loved story behind bakarina, but this one she's not dumb. (well, common sense of a duke daughter is goodf too but more in the isekai i think)

Is it that one? https://www.novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-reijo-nanode-rasubosu-o-katte-mimashita/

MD@Home
Off the top of my head, I'm reading 8 otome isekai titles. It specifically shares a number of cannily similar plot points with Common Sense of a Duke's Daughter. However, don't let this dishearten you. I think you'll be able to enjoy this on its own merits.

Based on the first chapter, this title is less about world-building and is more focused on the chemistry between the characters. It was fun following the female MC's banter not only with the male lead, but also with the other characters (her dad, the male MC's servants, etc.). And so far, comedy outweighs the romance aspect, which is refreshingly okay for me.

Chapter 1's art style is also more kinetic than the standard fare in the genre (i.e. beautiful characters talking in front of palace/castle settings)-- it has explosions, stereotypical shoujo floral backgrounds that are made part of a joke, chibi characters engaged in hilarious banters, to name a few.

tl;dr: Give it a try! It's great!

This has potential, because if nothing else it’s a good execution of this sort of story, but I can see it crashing and burning if it doesn’t keep it up (also props to the translators for th dialogue, it’s pretty good)

Dex-chan lover
And another one to the list. Not that i am complaining xD

>Maybe we need a Otome tag now.

Otome Isekai Tag*

Umm, atleast its not another edgy self fullfillment isekai. Is ok

Dex-chan lover
Mmm... I wonder which Otome Isekai story was the originator of stories like this? Or maybe it was taken from literature? A game plot?

Users who are viewing this thread