I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss

Honestly in love with this, not to mention the art style is truly beautiful. I can’t wait to read the rest of it!

Dex-chan lover
Wow. This is significantly better than I expected. I mean, it's still trashy isekai, but relatively speaking it's pretty high quality so far.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@Ceiye

I think the setup in general for otome games over the standard hero vs demon king is also inherently just more interesting though so don't feel too guilty hahahaha

The hero in the shonen route is usually pampered and protected and automatically hailed as the good guy. Or relentlessly beaten on, for no real justification, like in shield hero.

Compared to that, these villain otome game stories are about an underdog who's already been defeated or is doomed to be defeated. It's also a story about breaking the game and the genre tropes rather than following them. It's personally a lot of fun for me to read because I've tried playing otome games before and I've found them usually to be cardboard imitations of people and of romance. But if you handed me the game and went, "okay, go on a rampage and try to destroy the game as badly as you can from the inside," that's a lot of freedom to chaos! It's like trying to play a dating sim but instead of actually advancing the romance, you just pick the absurd option every time a dialogue box pops up.

Compared to a defeated girl whose goal is to rip apart the structure of the story just to save her own skin, a guy leveling up and beating monsters doesn't have as many routes he can take.

Group Leader
Don't get your expectations too high, that's all I'll say for now

That's just a tip in general, I haven't read this manga's LN/WN/etc.

Where can I find the raws since some posts say there's 8 chapters but that link only gives 2?

Dex-chan lover
Is "reincarnated as a villainess in an otome game who's destined for ruin" a new trend? I knew one other series like this, Bakarina, and I saw at least one other, so out of curiousity, I looked up series with the tags isekai, video games, and reincarnation (the unholy trinity), and there are apparently nine of these total. I haven't read them, but according to the summaries, two involve aiming for commoners, two involve aiming for the bad end, two involve getting exiled and becoming a nun, and the other three, including this one, involve actually trying to avoid the bad end. Do these authors really have to work with the exact same idea? I like the idea of showing how many ways a single idea can be developed, but this is a little too much.

>Avoid the BAD END! That's the goal of the villainess in this plot-twisting story!!

I mean, I do enjoy reading these but please. We're far into this stage to still pretend this kind of stories are anything new.

Literally upheld on the pacing alone, if that tanks so does the score, let’s see how it goes...

By now, "Otome Isekai" should be its own tag, it seems...

Still, this is enjoyable in its own right and I'll keep reading it out of the "Y the HIFL not" kinda feel.

Dex-chan lover
So far, characters have been pretty fleshed out, even her dad. Looks like it's gonna be a good read.

Users who are viewing this thread