I'm Destined for Greatness! - Ch. 12

Aggregator gang
„Stop sniping f*cking series” no update for 3 months nice. And when it comes to sniping not too many cares, most of people are looking for quanity or quallity so idc about someone sniping if i can get more updates of some series like 2 per week with fine quallity then waiting for 1 chapter every 2 weeks is just worse option.

Aggregator gang
I guess the king of luck ran out of luck staying jobless

Also I hope sniping a series becomes more common. It's a stupid mentality that you "own" a series because you translated some of it and nobody else is allowed to touch it even after you abandoned it for months.

Meo

Double-page supporter
I totally understand how numbers rounded off to "00" puts your mind at ease.

Now about this sniping thing...I don't agree with it. But in this case, I think it's justified:

1. There was no hiatus note at the end of Chapter 8

2. Chapter 8 was posted 3 months ago, Chapter 9 was posted 9 days ago. That means there was at least 2 months (or 60 days) of inactivity but you previous appeared to update about every 10 days. Trinty_Wonder1212 probably thought you dropped it.

EDIT: Ok, after reading the comments and re-reading the rant. I get that the sniping comment was not related to this manhwa but about sniping in general and the drama going on other manga/manhwa.

You abandoned this manga for 3 months, which is the (from what I’ve seen) the generally accepted time to consider a series dropped. Tbh I like your TL better but someone stepping in at this point was totally fair and not sniping.

Double-page supporter
> time you didn't have to bookmark 50 websites

you still don't have to... just use <agg removed> instead of this empty website with its picky rules 😂

Dex-chan lover
The rant wasn't about the previous guy (chapters 9~11).

Some timeline:
this series went rip
leviatanscans translated a chapter
a day after they posted older chapters on their site and told the previous translator (London Underground Scans, I think) gave their permission
JB cartel inc. sniped Survival Story of a Sword King in a Fantasy World (also translated by leviatanscans )
Then this happened:
Zfu8xRr.jpg
More chapters got posted on mangadex by the other guy
Old translator is back with the rant.

This, and the fact how many times the word "money" was used in the rant, it's pretty clear he was talking about the cartel.

I know you probably don't read these comments, but I agree with you. Getting tired of the Jamini's mafia and "please give me money :( " on every page.

Aggregator gang
I really wish there was a place i can just dump my money and read manga/manghwa in peace without all this "hobbyist" drama bullshit.

Meo

Double-page supporter
@ZombieCat : OK...I was originally confused. Because the rant and it began off with it being a "hobby" and how they have no right to judge. But then they go and rant about sniping. Then it was supporting ad-free mangadex and the mangaka, how people should be grateful and not whine about ad money.

After I read it again and I feel it it's basically 3 rants rolled up into one? When I was quickly reading it, I got kinda confused on which side of the fence they sat on.

Group Leader
good thing as opposed to other groups they decided to skip over the chapters that were done so no re-posted chapters from 2 groups

Fed-Kun's army
Its okay to drop the series if, as you say, you need ktls for this series.

Dex-chan lover
idrc leviatan wasnt updating this
and im quite happy with being able to read the other 3 chapters
dont get what all this sniping hubbabaloo shit is about
maybe its just me but for example solo leveling is done by SL scans and jaiminisbox
and personally i only read from SL scans because of preference
and i dont think i'll ever turn to jaiminisbox again for solo leveling in particular, unless SL scans stops for 2 weeks

Double-page supporter
@Owyn I would prefer not jumpuing through hoops to make sure one website doesnt give my computer cancer.

and if it's so empty on mangadex and KissM is the "better" way to go, then why are you here?

Users who are viewing this thread