I'm Destined for Greatness! - Ch. 12

@Owyn

you're saying that while using MangaDex, and browsing through a new release in here. Why aren't you using that site then? If it's dead here, what's keeping you long enough to read a new release, and comment on it? Damn.

Pathetic.

@MolaCola Banchou wasn't talking about Leviatan Scans but okay hmmmm

Leviatan Scans picked it up after letting banchou know they'd be releasing it and then dropped it when legal threats from JB staff started coming in (you can check the reddit post about that)

After that I started releasing it cuz I also enjoyed the series.

Banchou then asked me if he could start doing it again.

The only group that sniped was Jaimini Scans with their "secret sub group for JB [...] to snipe" -Yuno's, Jaimini's group leader words and their planned snipes against Leviatan.

All this because they recently lost their money maker (One Piece) and because they haven't been able to release Solo Leveling first compared to other people.

Contextual reddit thread:
https://old.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/eo8arx/how_jaimini_scans_do_scanlations_leaked_sniping/

Double-page supporter
"It takes a retard to get things set straight."

This, sir, is the quote of the year hands down. And has been proven to be true throughout history.
(remember when a retard spraypainted dicks on potholes to force the government to fix them? XD)

Group Leader
@DrPop
Baka updates clearly shows reaper scans released the series first and then did a joint with JB
https://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html?search=160778&stype=series
Given the time frame I don't know if it's a snipe or not
But the group releasing before any other group isn't a sniper I suppose the ones releasing after that group are entitled as "snipers". In this case leviathan scans are the snipers and looks like they are somehow bending the truth in their favor. It's amusing how most of the readers are dumb and they just believe what they see without finding out the truth
And now it's amusing how this guy is talking about sniping and respecting scanlators when he himself sniped JB of their series solo leveling, where is the respect in that @IAmInept and where are your honor rules now?
Now don't give me a bullshit about I did it for readers so they can read on MD, Most of the readers don't care as long as the can read the series and most of them reads on Kissmanga anyways
I'm not favoring any groups by saying all these stuff, just stating the facts after I checked out all the stuff.

Power Uploader
@yumino101 Ok yuno, next time read the rant before blurting random bullshit, and regardless of who sniped who, atleast Leviathan had the decency to ask before putting any more chapters out, besides I literally called myself a hypocrite for not following the honor system.

Banchou.gif

Group Leader
@IAmInept Leviathan had the decency to ask before putting out more chaps that goes for this series maybe as one of the admin at leviathan claims to be your friend so it's a given. But for other groups Leviathan don't bat an eye before sniping, they have done it before for fantasy hunter didn't even had the decency to ask. They did it again. And they always has a bullshit reason as to why they snipe.
And if you yourself are a sniper stfu and stop bullshitting about how groups should follow honors about sniping each other so scanlation becomes a better place when you yourself are the ones that creates the mess to begin with.

Power Uploader
@yumino101 perhaps if JB wasn't so retarded, and could make up their minds and communicate with other groups before they pick up shit off random whims, that are already being scanned mind you, then, we wouldnt have these issues, again, as ive said, I already acknowledged my wrongdoings in the rant, had you have more than 2 brain cells, you'd of read it properly before trying to criticise me, but then again, I dont expect much from you or JB for that matter.

Banchou.gif

Fed-Kun's army
@Halo That's a whole different can of worms. When actual IP stuff and ownership gets involved they *have* to drop it, regardless of their personal feelings or drama. The legal issue is that scanlation groups rehost paid content without changing it enough through translation to justify Fair Use - it'd be the same as trying to host a copy of the newest Star Wars movie but you redubbed all the lines in a different language, that shit wouldn't fly legally. Often times, from my experience with Lezhin artists/authors, they don't even have a choice as part of the agreement with their hosting service/publisher is that they cannot have unlicensed translations or rehosts floating around. There was one artist a few years ago who nearly lost their livelihood because a group refused to stop scanlating and rehosting their comic so Lezhin was ready to drop them all together (aka no more income despite having over 140 chapters of their story up).

Little bitch baby fights between scanlating groups is one thing, but when the publishers and original artists get involved there shouldn't be any discussions about it. You drop the series and wipe everything immediately.

Group Leader
@IAmInept Well what I can see you have grudge against JB which I don't really care about. But none of these groups are in the right anyways they all snipe. Neither JB or Levi or you, all of you did wrong but you all but the blames on others and try to create drama which most of the readers don't really care about. I don't even know what's the point of it. None of you're supporting the author in anyway. What all of you're doing is illegal and you guys create drama for stuff you do illegally saying about snipe and shit. The other big groups like JB or Levi they are just taking away the authors money by stealing their work, claiming it as their own and turning it into profit. Whereas the other groups who doesn't have any ad revenue are taking away the authors work, claiming it theirs and are not turning it into any profit either way none of you are supporting the author.

Dex-chan lover
@nikonekonya I agree. Well, except no actual IP/ownership got involved yet. There's nothing about this title on the publisher's site, so at most they're still negotiating.

But I find it incredibly pathetic how JB cartel used personal connections to force a group they sniped the day before to drop a series.
Especially when they bitched about Mangadex "going legit" less than a year before.

Dex-chan lover
@Trinity_Wonder1212 i dont ever recall mentioning the guy was talking about Leviatan but ok hmmm
all i was saying was that i dont really get the fuss about snipes

Dex-chan lover
Am I alone in finding it kinda hilarious that THIS is the chapter with a credits rant telling people to work for money?

I have no problem with stuff getting sniped if the chapters aren't releasing fast enough. The only fked up snipe i've seen is when zeroscans sniped second life ranker from the Italian translation group. The Italian group was releasing content every 3 or 4 days I believe; which is really good. So yea when zeroscans sniped them it was fked up. This manga however was inactive for roughly 2.5 months. I don't think that even counts as sniping. Especially when there's like 30+ chapters already.

Dex-chan lover
No shit he's called Banchou, dude fucking deserves my respect.

Dex-chan lover
Also didn't know the manga scanlation was such a competitive market.

Users who are viewing this thread