I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The World of An Otome Game

Dex-chan lover
So um... how old was Rei exactly before she got isekai'? Thank you for translating and uploading this series. I mean I'm sure Rei's feelings and motivations will be developed more as the series progresses but considering her choice in games I think her tastes have also been established as a woman of culture.

I'll be commenting like I didn't know what's going on to avoid spoilers. That will also force me to remember what my first reaction was like, which is fun.
So the first thing that confused me was that she plays Otome games, despite clearly only caring about girls. I think there are easier ways to go after sadistic/dominant girls. Some gal games are tailored to that lol
Then I wondered how she ended up getting Isekai'd. Heart attack? Choked on food? Hahaha. Or maybe it's all a dream.

The art is actually really good, so that's delightful. Monthly manga tend to have more consistent and quality art so that's a good choice~

Group Leader
Ah yes, when you see an otome game and hope the girl among the guys is romanceable, then it's not, truly a shame.
This girl is definitely a lucky one.

Dex-chan lover
Man, nobles really aren’t that bright. MC states multiple times that she wants Claire to bully her, so as revenge Claire bullies her? The opposite of love ain’t hate, it’s indifference. If Claire was nearly as superior as she claims nobles are, then she’d have figured that out.

Followed. I’m always down for seeing Oujo drills getting harassed. Thanks for picking this up!

Fed-Kun's army
This is as good as I imagined, I read and bought the light novels. One thing that’s different, are the boys. Not sure why, but I thought Rodd was more bulky and had a military cut. Sein had short hair and was the shortest and had a unconfident but cold expression. Also, Yuu had more sex appeal.

Dex-chan lover
i kept hearing that this is a good yuri and all so i had my hope up and really looking forward to it but the first chapter didn't do it for me

Masochist MC gets sent to her dream world.

Claire doesn't stand a chance, this gal wants to be bullied.

Claire is basically fighting fire with fuel.

Masomachines Claire, they Yurify in response to bullying...you cannot hurt her.

@Krune She was in her 30s, & died due to being overworked, iirc.

Also, to concur with many other people here, Rei does get less annoying as the story and her relationship with Claire develops, and as she gets over her insecurities. Her current behavior is in many ways a coping mechanism, see.

I recently finished reading the novel, i'm glad to see it got a manga too. Yuri/romance is great (although slow), and even though I'm not really a fan of Isekai, the main story is actually really well written too, the setup and payoff arcs are great, side characters are likable, and both Rei and Claire gets LOTS of development.

Next release i hope translation team added author pixiv fanbox on credit page so anyone who wish support author can donate directly while waiting official eng released

Why won't claire realize that if she wants to bully rei she can just stop talking to rei altogether. Didn't she hear that rei WANTS to be bullied and she loved it?? I thought nobles are smart enough to figure that out lol

Users who are viewing this thread