I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Freedom to Choose Your Own Job

this chap doesn't sit well with my stomach man, like idk if claire didn't want her to be her maid then she should've respected that if she truly loves her. it just doesn't sit well with me

For those who don't like how she forced herself in the position, she actually has a very good reason for it and it ties in for what she had Claire swear on last chapter, so don't sweat it too much. Just remember every single action is for Claire.

Dex-chan lover
@Mattricole Yeah it's really hard to explain without spoilers, but all we can do is reassure everyone that it's worth it.
Especially since after all this isn't blackmail. Rae didn't force herself in this position. Rae's proposal to keep Claire safe from what's to come is why Dor made her Claire's maid. Since Dor also cares about Claire and was originally intending on falling beside his daughter.

Double-page supporter
@Cynic
I never assumed it never happens the other way around. Of course I know men get psycho stalkers too. I'm just saying right now if Rei was a guy no one would be thinking this is cute. That doesn't translate to "Men never get stalked"

Also if Rei was a girl stalking a guy, people would still think its cute bc they suck. People react more to men doing bullshit so that's why I said "If Rei was a guy" and not "If Claire was a guy" because if Claire was a guy being stalked everyone would still side with the MC but if Rei was a guy stalking Claire they'd be like "ew what the fuCK"

Anyways, I know guys get stalked too.

Group Leader
If Rei were a guy, I think people would still be reacting the same. Except we'd be pissed that it isn't yuri and we're all yuri fans. The story is set up as a light-hearted fantasy comedy so far. It's not meant to be taken as a realistic portrayal so the story presents the behavior as innocuous, plays it for gags in an instantly recognized comedic form (straight man/funny man) rather than takes seriously, and uses it to show the chemistry between the two characters. The story is going at lengths to show it is not problematic

Imagine if it were Sein doing this but Claire was still responding the same. He would come off as an effeminate, angsty puppy dog without malicious intent. If he came off as an incel, however, it would feel totally different

Apart from that, many isekai works have abysmally sexist relations and interactions that don't get any outrage, so I don't think people would react negatively if Rei were a guy. It's why Sexiled and JK Haru were even written

Double-page supporter
People here sure have quite some sympathy for a character, whose role it is to make the life of someone weaker than her a living hell and generally sees anyone of a lower class than herself as lesser beings. Having Rei at her side can only be good for her and if she has to suffer stalker-ish behavior, that's just karma.

And if it it causes nothing but suffering and destroys Claire's life, that'd be fine too. Really, it's only the fact that Rei is unaffected (in a negative way, at least) by her actions that I can stand Claire at all. She's a rotten person and I don't get why so many just choose to ignore that.

Dex-chan lover
@Gian Claire's not as bad as she pretends to be, as Rei has pointed out before. For example she'll spill tea on Rei, but not if it's scalding hot, and she won't push her over if Rei has a chance of actually being hurt in the fall. I think deep down Claire may be a much nicer person than she pretends to be, and she's mainly acting how she does because she thinks it's expected of her. (Also probably some insecurities, which is true of most tsundere characters.) I haven't read the novels though, so I don't know if that's definitely true or not.

Fed-Kun's army
@no168_92 The source material is well into its second novel, set a few years later and well after the first arc has been resolved; so yeah, everything that's relevant to the manga is complete.

Dex-chan lover
I like to think for the last page, she was told by a maid that she was loitering in a maid's outfit outside the mansion. went to see it herself to personally tell her off

@manabi as someone who's read the entire novel, including the ongoing one,
while it is quite predictable, thats really spot on bro (in fact, she gets one of the most development ive seen for a villainess at all, out of the media ive seen at least)

Dex-chan lover
@JackyHLF: Rei definitely has flaws and weaknesses. Her morality is part of it. She sees the whole world besides Claire as a game to some extent. She could easily use her knowledge of the real world to wildly change the new one, but she doesn't. She hoards all of the knowledge (with some minor exceptions). She would not be strongly bothered if she had to let others die in order to help Claire.

Her other big flaw is her overconfidence. She's so sure she knows everything that will happen because she played the game, ignoring the fact that she is going down a route that never existed in the game.

I love this one xD. Also as the person below said, I really love when characters either cant acknowledge the fact that their new world isnt just a game or when the character transported has a pseudo filter on the world. It either adds great drama or makes it outlandishly fun like this one.

Users who are viewing this thread