I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - To be a Lily

Answering to what @Lemongrassv said:

I dont know about you, but i havent seen any sexual harassment on this manga from Rei so far, not sure if you are confusing attachment and her trying to be very close with sexual harassment but your point is kinda weird

Now my comment: cute and nice, will be waiting for more

@Je_ez no, she's homosexual. I'm not one for countless labels since I just consider the whole thing to be a spectrum. But if she's to be given a label, she just likes women and not men. I'm saying this as someone who's read the entire web novel. Not that it matters too much anyway, but it is important to the plot nevertheless.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter has different vibe compare to the webnovel,I dunno ,when it was talked about in the novel it hits me hard doubled.

Thank you for the translations!!

Dex-chan lover
Yes, this is something important to clarify, yuri character fall for woman because they are woman so sex do matter in this relationships.
The author is very matured of talks this topics, in her twitter she also talk about her condiction of intersex
https://twitter.com/inori_narou/status/1260677589858836480

Its Misha who ask that question out of all characters huh
Also damn Rei pretty mature and confident with it..

Fed-Kun's army
this is so great, talking bout homo stuff..well,i get Rei's point here.. she's gay and gender matters(atleast) to her..for some,its gonna be different though,they think they are straight until they fall for someone of the same gender...
atleast it was made clear here that "in the case of Rei,gender preference matters" as she's not into men,not even bothered by the hotness of those princes from the start..

anyway,nice one,author-san...

that hits me as well, her main goal is not to be with Lady Claire..kinda painful to realize the sadness behind her hijinx..
and Claire,trying to stand up for Rei,ahuuhh..

well,everything is taking into different directions,Rei..gonna prepare for it..

precious chap..thank you sooo much

Group Leader
@GoggledAnon Ah, i used something i remembered from the LN as a base and got it (and the manga translation) wrong... no two ways about it, that's a swing and a miss on my part, sorry everyone ^^'

I know adaptations need to change stuff to better fit the format, but the changes to this one really hurt the text.
1 - In the novel, when Claire says "This is why I fear for my safety", Rei says "Yup, that's my bad". Here in the manga, she tries to argue it? For some reason?? It just puts her in a bad light.
2 - Completely removes the discussion of homophobia in real life. She brings up harmful stereotypes and the way some queer, like herself, deliberately play up these stereotypes as a way of self-deprecation. Here, all of that is just gone. Poof. Maybe they removed the this stuff because the publisher doesn't want to deal with politics, in which case, they picked the wrong series to adapt.
I don't want to be down on the adaption because it has it's own strenghts, but it sucks that it's squandering the strenghts of the original.

Now, to be positive for a change.
The art is really strong this chapter, the way the author captured Rei's fake smile is chilling.

Aggregator gang
The manga added the bit with Claire defending Rei, which made the chapter have a happier and more hopeful ending. The WN/LN had a more melancholic tone.

Dex-chan lover
@georgeoswalddannyson I mean the 'play up the stereotype' nonsense in the novel fell flat because she wasn't 'faking' harassing a girl, she was literaly doing it and basicaly blackmailed the girl's father to get into a position where they're always together and even watched her undress. That's beyond 'playing up the stereotype' and more 'not only prove the stereotype right but being worst than it'.

Users who are viewing this thread