I'm in Love with the Villainess. - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - Sending

b58

Double-page supporter
For what it's worth every story arc was done better in the novel. I don't think any arc was bad in the novel since there was more space and effort taken to fill in the blanks and explain thoughts (obviously opinions will vary though). The manga is fun for me but if you've never read the novels and this doesn't do it for you, you might try them instead. From my memory, this arc for example had a lot more discussion about the situation and thoughts about why things are happening and what they mean etc.
Honestly I prefer brevity to more explanations so I think I'll pass. I don't get the impression the story is underexplained, I just feel like it consistently goes for shock value to make some kind of point, which usually just misses the mark for me.
  • Attack on the commoner that was staged by the traitorous siblings? Oh right that somehow happened due to incest of all things...
  • How about Manaria, seemingly straightforward rival to move the main pair forward? Oh right that involved a fakeout when she was actually really going after Rei this whole time, which felt like pulled completely out the ass - oh by the way it turns out she was demoted or something for molesting someone and this was supposed to teach Rei a lesson to act on her feelings before she molests someone else too. Also they almost killed each other somewhere along the line, for no good reason at all.
  • Now we have another betrayal, and alright, curing a sick mother makes some sense as a motivation, but I'm not sure it does when it also involves killing yourself to instantly revive into a giant zombie, because that somehow helps.

I don't have faith that dragging out the explanations for any of this stuff will make it more palatable to me.

Dex-chan lover
That was a great chapter. We are getting closer to the revolution. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I prefer brevity to more explanations so I think I'll pass. I don't get the impression the story is underexplained, I just feel like it consistently goes for shock value to make some kind of point, which usually just misses the mark for me.
  • Attack on the commoner that was staged by the traitorous siblings? Oh right that somehow happened due to incest of all things...
  • How about Manaria, seemingly straightforward rival to move the main pair forward? Oh right that involved a fakeout when she was actually really going after Rei this whole time, which felt like pulled completely out the ass - oh by the way it turns out she was demoted or something for molesting someone and this was supposed to teach Rei a lesson to act on her feelings before she molests someone else too. Also they almost killed each other somewhere along the line, for no good reason at all.
  • Now we have another betrayal, and alright, curing a sick mother makes some sense as a motivation, but I'm not sure it does when it also involves killing yourself to instantly revive into a giant zombie, because that somehow helps.

I don't have faith that dragging out the explanations for any of this stuff will make it more palatable to me.
That's fine but your perception of these events might be different when they are given enough time to breathe, be properly paced, explained and given context. You're description of some of these events is not accurate as well. Either way, none of those events felt like shock value in the novel. The nature and character of these moments and choices shift with the shift in medium and the limiting to 30 pages of mostly illustration. There's more to be said on that but I don't want to get into it too deeply, you're free not to read if you don't want to. I just wanted to make it clear that the manga is shifting things quite a bit, (at least in my opinion) even though I still enjoy the manga.

Last edited:
Group Leader
pg 26 minor typo "the are few enemies" -> "there are a few enemies" or "there's a few enemies" (this one is technically incorrect grammatically but english moment xddd)

can also avoid it entirely by saying something like "there are some enemies"

sry for big nitpick, thanks for the scanlation

Dex-chan lover
I felt that the arc would've gone better if they sprinkled Louis in throughout a few odd chapters. Its pretty evident that Rei is really "Rei" in the same sense that a skinwalker possesses a person. Normally this would be an utter shock to someone, but that guy is a perfect stranger to her; though it would make logical sense for her to be a bit yandere, spices up the plot a bit too. The pay off would be if even though "Rei" actually has improved Claire's outlook/life they have a falling out over her treatment of others as literal game pieces.

Is it Just me or is Rei really less empathetic? She knew that guy for a while and she couldn’t care less when he suddenly betrayed them.. Claire despite being the “villainess” has far more empathy and emotional intelligence than Rei..
To be fair, he knew her before the current Rei incarnated into that body so it makes sense she wouldn't care.
But yea Claire definitely has more empathy for that guy (and also a kind of noblesse oblige that makes her feel responsible)

Dex-chan lover
Claire once more proving her best girl status. I'm glad she was able to fulfill his dearest wish even though he went through quite the rotten route to accomplish it himself.

Dex-chan lover
Is it Just me or is Rei really less empathetic? She knew that guy for a while and she couldn’t care less when he suddenly betrayed them.. Claire despite being the “villainess” has far more empathy and emotional intelligence than Rei..

Imagine a game you played recently suddenly became real life and you were one of the characters in said game.
Now imagine a character, that you've had little interaction with in real life but in the game was close friends with you, suddenly became the equivalent of a terrorist and started slaughtering innocent people and even tried to kill you.

...People shut other people out of their lives for much less than that in real life. Add in the context that, from your point of view, that you weren't that close... and... well.. I'd be surprised if she was more empathetic about him personally.

Dex-chan lover
"Oh em gee, they're such a pansy"

"Jeezus Christ, are they a sociopath?"

Y'all are never happy with how any character acts in any situation. If you're so smart about how characters should act, write your own goddamn stories.
Holy shit, thank you. Every time I read these comment sections I am further and further convinced that people just don't have reading comprehension for why characters are acting the way they are, and just want to not like this story.

Rei is willing to sacrifice absolutely everything and everyone for Claire's sake. This is an important plot point in the story and one of her primary character flaws.

Dex-chan lover

I agree with all of your point except this one. Poverty can and will make someone do unreasonable things. I've been there.

Dex-chan lover
That chapter just doesn't seem right, like, why did he even consume the poison if he was well aware that he will die and there is no guarantee that his mother will receive the treatment?

Also, Rei seems so unflinched for someone whose childhood friend is dying, yeah, she isn't the actual Rei but a transmigrated person but she literally acts like care. Even if she isn't Rei, she knew that guy more than Claire. It feels Eerie.

Aggregator gang
This guy needed money, which he apparently got an advance on (he wonders if his employers will be pissed that he didn't give them a refund). So why did he not immediately buy the potion and secure his mother's wellbeing? His actions would make sense if he had healed his mother, and then was willing to die to complete his mission. The Empire might get revenge on him if he failed the mission but lived, so he was willing to die. But then Claire wouldn't get the chance to show how kind she is and heal the mother. So in order for Claire to be shown being kind, the story had to stop making sense.

Dex-chan lover
Awww the manga skipped one of my favorite parts of the Light Novel this chapter. That's disappointing

No Unlimited Claire works...
Tell me more about it please. And when we finally can see the anime? xD

Dex-chan lover
Tell me more about it please. And when we finally can see the anime? xD
I actually misremembered, it was from the Web Novel, I haven't read that part in the LN. So I don't know if she does it in the LN

In the Web novel while she's dragging the swords over to them she's doing a chant which is Archer's Unlimited Blade works... I read Jingle Bells Translation which was:

"-- My body is made out of Claire-sama"
-- My blood is of Claire-sama too.
-- My Heart of glass reflects Claire-sama
-- Claire-sama Claire-sama
"Un**mited Claire Works!"

Aggregator gang
I love how Claire is slowly getting radicalized by interacting with commoners. In contrast to Rei, who has very little class consciousness despite being a commoner herself.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I actually misremembered, it was from the Web Novel, I haven't read that part in the LN. So I don't know if she does it in the LN

In the Web novel while she's dragging the swords over to them she's doing a chant which is Archer's Unlimited Blade works... I read Jingle Bells Translation which was:

"-- My body is made out of Claire-sama"
-- My blood is of Claire-sama too.
-- My Heart of glass reflects Claire-sama
-- Claire-sama Claire-sama
"Un**mited Claire Works!"
Archer’s chant is iconic in the fare series, hence it’s easily remembered despite being outclassed by other recent servants. It would be pretty cool if we got that reference! Pity we didn’t..

Users who are viewing this thread