I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 7 Ch. 31 - Lily Lilium

Dex-chan lover
technically, nobody knows what god "does" or "want" and nobody ever will because just his true nature is too far out human comprehension and as the bible says, only he can judge (obviously, keep it under context)
God doesn’t do shit since it isn’t real.

Dex-chan lover
Oh hey, a decent argument for what is basically "treat others with respect as fellow human beings, regardless of how weird you think they are".

Similar to real life, though in our case is a bit of the opposite problem. They are flaunting their "different" status with all the pride flags and different names and all that. If what they want is to simply be accepted, then what they are doing is counterintuitive imo.

To be accepted as normal means you are treated no more, no less special than others around you. So... Yeah. Very counterintuitive I say. At this rate it's going to be quite a long time until the alphabet people (forgot the name) to be truly accepted as a normal part of society.
U talk like if virginity was a person

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy another manga author wanting to write about complex societal issues, I can't wait to see this medieval fantasy world suddenly become more progressive than the actual modern world. Think we'll get an arc at the end where Rei decides to become a manga artist because its just so cool to write manga???

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy another manga author wanting to write about complex societal issues, I can't wait to see this medieval fantasy world suddenly become more progressive than the actual modern world.
Keyword there is "fantasy." They're using magic and fighting undead pirate ships but you're caught up that they might be too socially progressive? That's always funny to me. At least be honest.

Dex-chan lover
Keyword there is "fantasy." They're using magic and fighting undead pirate ships but you're caught up that they might be too socially progressive? That's always funny to me. At least be honest.
"its fantasy sweaty, anything goes" is an interesting perspective that I do not share. The reality of how gay and lesbian people were treated in medieval settings is so brutal that this Shapiro style "facts don't care about your feelings" argument with a nun feels absurd at best and actual mockery of the struggles they faced at worst.

You understand that these people were tortured horribly and killed, right? there was no "debate me bro". its not a funny cool plot point for my comedy romance manga to show off how progressive I am. it was an actual historic tragedy that took centuries to move past even slightly.

I'm sure you don't care though. I'm sure you wouldn't care if Rei built a plutonium reactor next chapter because "its fantasy" so why bother thinking about it for more than 2 seconds.

Dex-chan lover
I don't blame Lily, I'd fall for someone if I, were I in the minority allowing themselves to be ridiculed and insulted, saw them defending minority rights in the face of an ignorant majority. Though very glad to see we'll be investing more into how Yuri is over the general isekai plot.

Dex-chan lover
"its fantasy sweaty, anything goes" is an interesting perspective that I do not share. The reality of how gay and lesbian people were treated in medieval settings is so brutal that this Shapiro style "facts don't care about your feelings" argument with a nun feels absurd at best and actual mockery of the struggles they faced at worst.

You understand that these people were tortured horribly and killed, right? there was no "debate me bro". its not a funny cool plot point for my comedy romance manga to show off how progressive I am. it was an actual historic tragedy that took centuries to move past even slightly.

I'm sure you don't care though. I'm sure you wouldn't care if Rei built a plutonium reactor next chapter because "its fantasy" so why bother thinking about it for more than 2 seconds.
As expected. You're fighting ghosts but I'm glad you got that rote argument off your chest since you clearly needed it. Might be a bit preemptive though.

Dex-chan lover
That was deep :clap:

Also excited for the next one seems like things about to get complicated :smug:
Yeah so far this was done better than the pirate section, in my opinion. Plus now we have Lily and Claire's questioning of the world she comes from.

Supporter
Things are starting to happen and we are getting closer to the
revolution
. Rei is so bold and I love that about her. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover

Fantasy genre depends a lot on where it's based off of. If it is Medieval Christian Europe, believing only God-fearing heterosexual white folk to be the chosen people of God to live upon the Earth, then yes Pride folk and just about anyone else will be targeted. However it is also to be said that specific fantasy subgenre doesn't entirely portray that. This manga, in the case of it, just shows the portion of homosexuality being viewed as an unnatural idea, wholly incapable of reproducing therefore it must be wrong.

Also, if you could kindly elaborate, rather than referring to us as "these people", do refer to us by what we refer to ourselves as. We refer Christians as Christians, not what I would rather call them.

We do care, fantasy is what a lot of folk love, be it through DnD or Manga, or wherever else. We're not gonna just accept it as a fantasy think if a modern idea is planted by an Isekai'd character, but is freedom that modern of an idea?

Dex-chan lover
One thing to note in reading this is that this is a game world and a product of modern times that's an aesthetic recreation of high society than it is a faithful one. Granted there's some French revolution stuff going on but otherwise there's room to write in a more open minded society and progressive ideals overall. It is a fantasy, and there's gonna be more queer elements thrown into the mix as we progress down this story. Cause transgender arc here we go~

Dex-chan lover
technically, nobody knows what god "does" or "want" and nobody ever will because just his true nature is too far out human comprehension and as the bible says, only he can judge (obviously, keep it under context)
This isn't true, because all large religions that believe in one or multiple gods have guidelines of what is believed God wants, since they were allegedly written by envoys of their God/s

Dex-chan lover
This isn't true, because all large religions that believe in one or multiple gods have guidelines of what is believed God wants, since they were allegedly written by envoys of their God/s
they were written in a very specific context by people who believed, there's a very simple word to describe why it happened: faith

Dex-chan lover
This manga accidentally explores subtle implications of someone becoming isekai'd into someone else's body in another world. Crumpling up the original scripts and adding more depth into the characters than their typical flat archtypes. I like the contrasting characterization of Rei as single minded, selfish force versus Claire the selfless broadening horizons type who clearly is more of the central driver to the plot.

Dex-chan lover
As expected. You're fighting ghosts but I'm glad you got that rote argument off your chest since you clearly needed it. Might be a bit preemptive though.
"as expected" well I'm glad I was spot on when I said you weren't going to think about anything for more than 2 seconds lmao

Dex-chan lover
In real life...
Hete: "we respect you"
Homo: "Bow to us! We superior!"

Welp, media always shown chaotic homo. Very rarely lawful homo on screen.

Anyway about chapter... Always remember not do lovey dovey thing in public space. You'll be cursed by everyone around you. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread