I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 7 Ch. 31 - Lily Lilium

Double-page supporter
It's a bit cringey to see social reform and discrimination handled so simplistically. Especially when it's taking a "reincarnated in an magic academy otome game" premise and making a sudden turn such a long way in. Throughout history and around the world, feudal systems and aristocratic societies have taken various forms. Even when you limit it to the European Reinassance period, you would have various systems in operation. The story took just some superficial elements, such as giving out ranks to various people, then set them in a fairly modern environment with magic replacing technology, and then without ever actually explaining how the relationships between the various social groups work, tried to shoe-horn in the message that "class-based society bad". Which yeah, but here also you have the upper class able to do actual magic and gods that directly interfere in the world through everyday miracles.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, this is the good shit. This is what I'm here for. The early parts of the manga are certainly good, but now we're really getting into the parts that truly make this manga a cut above the rest, that distinguish it from your average otome game isekais that are concerned merely with executing their core premise to a passable degree. This'll be fun. And I get to watch you all see it unfold.

Dex-chan lover
What made the light novel so broken from this point onward was the presumption that technocracy — and in particular very, very Japanese-style technocracy — was the appropriate response to poverty.

Use the spoiler tag please.
I have only read up to vol. 2, and the system the country transitioned to seemed to just be a republic instead of a kingdom. What was specifically technocratic about the solution to poverty?

Dex-chan lover
Use the spoiler tag please.
I have only read up to vol. 2, and the system the country transitioned to seemed to just be a republic instead of a kingdom. What was specifically technocratic about the solution to poverty?
Under the new political order, the distribution of resources is, to significant extent, to be administrated by the state, rather than left entirely as whatever results from free decisions of trade and of charity. And the model for when-and-how-and-why is very much that of post-war Japan.

Dex-chan lover
Hype (hoping for some good representation since god knows wugom isn’t), but also I might have to hide from the comment sections for a few chapters :notlikethis:
Nah stick around. You shouldn't be the one having to move. But yeah it'll be a fun time, a lot of sensitive people incoming. You gotta laugh at it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Mou, I don't really know about y'all, but I don't get how you can read a Yuri manga, but then be thrown off when they do explore the societal implications of Yuri.

I have my own opinions and convictions, but it's not up to me to condemn or approve, for I am not a Donetist who pre-sifts the grain before the Shepard does without knowing the Shepard's true way of sifting such grain, and I do agree for a Secular State that treats everyone fairly irregardless of their identity. Just enjoy the show lads and lass.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
It'll take forever but I can't wait to get to that. I wonder if the anime will ever get there? The adaptation honestly looks a bit too bright and whimsical, the style makes me wonder if they intend to treat the more serious parts of the series well.
I'm super nervous if we will get to the wedding in S1, since yuri almost never gets an S2. Inori has said she is under NDA on her fanbox, so she can't say how far they are going. She said she is pushing to get as much as possible.

Dex-chan lover
I'm super nervous if we will get to the wedding in S1, since yuri almost never gets an S2. Inori has said she is under NDA on her fanbox, so she can't say how far they are going. She said she is pushing to get as much as possible.
I know and with MagiRevo just showing a good example of how this stuff can be done, I have higher expectations now. This series should have the same respect and treatment as that one, especially considering this one is just as if not more popular (the LNs). I'm a fan of both.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation! I started this manga because of the reincarnation theme rather than the yuri, but I've liked everything up till now.
The way they dealt with homosexuality in this chapter was also really good.

Group Leader
I think the anime will cover till the departure of Leene and her brother or maybe the Manaria arc. We're talking about a season of probably 12/13 episodes, they can't start this new arc with Lily, it's too long to fit in those episodes.
I'm still worried about the animations, it's already almost impossible for a yuri to get a second season, you can imagine if they make a poor adapation. I'd like to see until the end of volume 2 of the LN but they would need a season 2

Dex-chan lover
LET'S GO RETURN TO PEAK BABY
IT'S BEEN TEN MILLION YEARS SINCE WE'VE HAD A GOOD CHAPTER

Fed-Kun's army
Oh hey, a decent argument for what is basically "treat others with respect as fellow human beings, regardless of how weird you think they are".

Similar to real life, though in our case is a bit of the opposite problem. They are flaunting their "different" status with all the pride flags and different names and all that. If what they want is to simply be accepted, then what they are doing is counterintuitive imo.

To be accepted as normal means you are treated no more, no less special than others around you. So... Yeah. Very counterintuitive I say. At this rate it's going to be quite a long time until the alphabet people (forgot the name) to be truly accepted as a normal part of society.
Damn, coming to a "girl's love" tag then being surprised when it touches on stuff like "you're a dick if you hate gay people just for existing, and not on the merit of individual character, especially if you use 'god' or some excuse to justify it,"
rather than just two gals kissing

(And I mean, do you know what pride is? In a perfect society, being LGBTQ would just be an ordinary fact of life. But bc of actual bad people and trolls like ya, it's actually pretty important to encourage people in the closet and stand together)

Users who are viewing this thread