I'm in Love with the Villainess

@game-a-holic @pavel94

You gotta start from the WN first. She didn't use the information she learned from the game to blackmail Dor (Claire's father) but hinting him that she knows the secret that only he, himself supposed to know and no one else. This was only explained further part of the story in the WN as well. In both manga and WN they cut off the details to make it mysterious for purpose and then when Rei explained in the WN revealing what actually happened, everyone who read it were like "OHHH SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED" but before it was explained, the mysterious name came out again and some people noticed and guessed it.

In the first place, why would she bother blackmailing him and give him a bad impression, when her only interest is Claire. Doubt she'd want to get on her father's bad side. That would've backfire instead XD And well it's like a "my 2D waifu saved my life before I somehow reincarnated to this supposedly 2D world, so I need to save her" story? :v

Spoiler at your own risk as to why Rei did it
Rei hinted him to inform him that she knows everything and explained in the cut that she wants to stay at Claire's side to protect her to prevent what will happen to her that happened in the game. Dor sponsored for the revolution, playing the bad guy to stop corruption, even if he has to sacrifice himself and his family. This was a very dangerous move so the secret was only kept to himself but Rei know about it from the game. So as Rei explained saying she knows what will happen in the near future, along with the information, she gained his trust. Given the option that Rei could probably save Claire instead of sacrificing her along with him, he gave it a go to her plan. Heck, she was even supporting Claire's love for a certain prince before she get smacked in the face by Marina...

I have been into Villainess and Isekai recently and decide to give this a shot since the rating is good but I can't say I like this manga. The main character is too obsessive and clingy and chapter 4 really did it for me. Ignoring Claire (who you claim to love) wishes and blackmailing the father to stay near Claire? Yeah no. Even if she didn't explicitly blackmail the father just hinting an to an information that only certain people know and to gain the favor to become Claire maid IS BLACKMAILING.

@moonlightwolfchanX

Rest assure while there are some parts that aren't light and fluffy they're really well balanced, I'd say. It's more hnnng after the revo. Look forward to it! I Highly recommend getting the LN Vol. 2 that will be out in Feb as it will come with an extra bonus on a story how 2 certain adorable girls will appear after the revo into their lives. ;)

Dex-chan lover
I think the blackmail thing upsets some people because Rei heavily implies to Claire that she does this to continue to tease and harass her. The WN and LN show some of Rei's thoughts here as well, which emphasizes that her primary reason for doing this is to save Claire from her fate as the villainess by being close enough to Claire to effectively counter the plots against her.

I'd recommend people stay on board through the end of the first arc, as it really shows both the positive and negative qualities of Claire and Rei.

Dex-chan lover
@elkkeh you explained it pretty well but if I may add onto that

Ultimately in the end, it's shown that no matter what Rae does or plays the mastermind, she cannot take Claire's agency away from her. If Claire makes a decision, only Rae's appeal straight from the heart can change her mind. And this is acknowledged by Rae in part 2 when pointing out that Claire is her own woman and they don't always necessarily agree to the same course of action. Pretty much all of Claire's choices are formed organically by her own development.

@NinjaGoemon

Well yeah, Rei knows that once Claire learned her plan, she'd be willing to sacrifice herself just like Dor. That's why she didn't speak up until Claire demanded her to know her purpose. Even still, she did not give up on her of course. SORE WA AI DESU WA

Reserving my opinion on the manga for now. But will confess that my first impression of it (based on these 1st 4 chapters) was terrible. Actually preferred the other transmigration yuri manga on this site (the one with the protagonist being reincarnated as the secondary character who sweeps off the “villainess” in the story) until I read some comments over on that side that made me rethink my opinion about “I favor the villainess.” and give it another chance. So I decided to read the translated WN and I was pleasantly surprised to be reminded about not judging a book by it’s cover (or in this case- story based in it’s manga’s first four chapters).

The hook was just pretty terrible in that imho the protagonist’s openness about her affections was overdone to the point that the intent was supposed to be comedic but ended up depicting her as an ugly caricature. I certainly did not (nor do currently ) enjoy the ‘predatory lesbian’ light that the these chapters show the protag as having... Honestly. Got to thank the whiny anti-pc/“i only like the plain old boring kind of fan service” commenters for actually making me rethink my opinion and give it another chance.

I wouldn’t say that this is the best yuri isekai out there (YMMV and all) but for anyone who wants to read about female characters being attracted to other female characters with more than just the same old fucking moe fan service it’s been pretty entertaining so far. It started off as shallow but it’s got a bit more depth to it. I know I read a comment somewhere that said that they didn’t like how pc it became as it cheapens the sentiment behind the specific pc-concept... I will have to disagree with that opinion. Basing my impression on the WN... I would say that I appreciate the author’s attempt to incorporate such things into their story. Even if they aren’s well done, they at least tried. And given what I read so far in Rei’s past (what I read so far in the WN), it is appreciated.

One of my more ‘shallow’ desires is to see how the manga will depict the pop culture easter eggs that I encountered so far in the WN. I mean, I fking 😂 🤣 🤣’d so hard when I got to the very blatant Marimite references. The author didn’t even bother to change character names! AM CRY! Also- the author is probably a Yumi/Sei shipper 🤣 🤣 🤣

SGR

Double-page supporter
OK. So far (4 chapters in) this isn't trash... yet.
I'm betting it will start to become grating at 10 and utter trash at 15 chapters in. Even if the author starts introducing new stuff to the story each chapter - it will just be a bigger pile of trash.
I'm basing this prediction on experience.

Group Leader
@SGR
I guess you didn't read the novel.
I think it actually gets better and better.
There will be more plot than you think

Users who are viewing this thread