I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Author : any good idea for the book title, editor-san?
Editor : as long as it doesnt exceed the 250 character limits.

meanwhile in a country far far away,

TL : any good idea for the website name to host some novel we TL?
Nobody : as long as it doesnt exceed the 250 character limits.

Dex-chan lover
Villainess reincarnation? Instant follow.

Wow though, what a shitty lot in her former life. She seemed like she was able to chill and read manga in her room, but parents like those are no parents at all. Oh well. At least she has her reincarnation.

You don't get many dark-skinned characters in these settings, so I'm hoping that sticks around. She still seems fair in the colored cover, so I'm not sure whether this country just has a brighter average skin color for the population or what.

As far as surviving goes...I think it would be a pretty smart move to make contact with the heroine early on. Become a childhood friend of hers and start building up rapport that way. Just say "The Dark Spirit King told me where the Light Spirit King's master lives and I wanna meet her."

Dex-chan lover
This is just my guess, but after reading the novel-style intro, I believe the "main heroine" will turn out to be a total bitch and the kingdom a handful of prideful nobles, that make the lives of the citizens a living hell. So in the end she will be on the edge with that Light Spirit King brad anyway and will fight for the peaceful nation of Guardia, as she's the only one who can oppose that "I'm slaughtering everyone" saint and her war driven kingdom.

Contributor
Legit question: what game do all these otome isekai use as a reference? I know that most male-centric isekai use a combination of Dragon Quest and Dungeons and Dragons, albeit tweaked, but I’m not sure what otome game inspires all of these.

@xyzzy as someone who has played otome for years- they don't. I haven't played any recent games with this kind of setting and even older stuff like Angelique are quite different setting wise.

Contributor
@Mami

So then why do they all use the same setting and the same villainess plot?

Dex-chan lover
After reading several chapters of what this is based on, my take on Gerald and Claudia's situation:

Gerald offers to kill everyone Claudia interacts with, he's pretty much a ghost possessing her who's badgering her to get her to agree to murder everyone. Someone looks scared? Kill them. Kill their family. Kill everyone who knows them. Kill Kill Kill. Usher an age of death and darkness onto the world. Then she thinks "Gerald. Please. Do not harm them. I do not really care." If she does give in, she's his forever. I'm guessing he was hoping for someone more willing to kill others in power/revenge fantasies. Her social situation improves when people notice she's unique among dark magic users and not letting Gerald murder everyone like all the previous ones. Claudia thinks to him like she's trying to talk down an angry child holding a loaded gun; carefully and politely with a tinge of wishing it was someone else's problem.

I once went down that rabbit hole. It ended with a bunch of girls on a discord server talking about birds.....
My conclusion, otome games are weird.
Also, apparently no otome game involves stealing someones fiancee and then playing victim. I know, I was very disappointed as well.

Dex-chan lover
We will never know why the artist decided to depict the LN cover with a lighter skin tone.

At least the manga is on point. Just shows who knows the material better.

Group Leader
@SoloSera
>Her skin is supposed to be dark, but it looks pretty light on the cover. Is that actually a plot point? It would be kind of shit to "fix" her skin color instead of actually fixing the attitude of the people that make a big deal out of it.

Do you want spoilers for that?

Double-page supporter
I was more just wondering, but I certainly don't mind spoilers. I only mind spoilers in mystery novels that leave appropriate clues.

Huh, being murdered by your dad is a pretty shitty life. Usually otome-kai aren't quite so dark.
Not that its a bad thing! Different is good!

Contributor
Big brother... ?
He looks like a trap.

Also, yeah, another crap father !

Dex-chan lover
lol...at least her brother seems OK.

The skin color thing is wild. Do tanning and other countries not exist in this world?

Would love to see where this is going, would love to see her just get OP af but that won't happen, nonetheless I would love to see her try make friends for presumably the first time in both of her lives?

Users who are viewing this thread