I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12.1 - Publisher 2nd Edition

@entity_101 I can see what you are saying. I am just surprised how she completely self-imploded in the last two pages. People befriended her at school because she was friendly, both princes liked her, and one of the princes tried to take a knife for her in the chapter. Thinking about it more, I can see how the deep wounding caused by her parents, especially by her mom, would cause her to heavily, emotionally lash out when they try to obvious hook themselves up to the new gravy train that has appeared before them. I guess I would have found her final page comments more fitting if the previous page showed her completely doubting the sincerity of her friends instead of just raging at the whole country (rightly so). Then again, maybe in page 26 where she said that she sees all kindness as malice, she felt that way towards everyone that was friendly towards her before the Light King blessing; she just didn't lash out until now because she has been super focused on just not trying to die and held it all in. The fake sincerity of her mother was the final straw.

@RaikohZX it makes no sense that she changed that much just cause she gained a little blessing from the light when she still has a majority blessing from the dark.

If it was like that then it raises the question of if the blessing is what made the skin change and she loses all color from a little light blessing then shouldnt she lose her entire dark blessing...cause u know its the blessing that causes the skin color changes?

This chapter is essentially for those who prefer the MC to be dark of skin, you lot should be thankful to that foreigner living in japan screaming at the publishers to bring back your precious dark-skinned MC.

Dex-chan lover
Oh? They actually fixed her up after backlash. That's cool.
Though I wonder if it was backlash from Japaneses or from angry westerners on Twitter.

@Solistia I think it's safe to assume that since it would come out in japan than to us westerners. I think that's common sense. Like unless most of you can read japanese and read it before it came out here. It's good and safe assumption.

Edit: Also I am a black person btw, I'm not like saying oooh no they whitewashed her. She's already white? her parents are white, like yes her blessign makes her darkskinned but she is definitely not black and I'm not defending them editing it or like them changing it. Ngl I don't care as long as it's not an actually darkskinned POC.

@Sweet_Seats It is about skin color. The important concerns are not about politics, but rather respecting your fellow man. We're irritated because it's the 21st century and people (in this case the author) STILL create mistakes like this. I believe, like most of the readers believed when they picked this up, the author was initially going for a story focused on a MC who strived to overcome racial scrutiny and injustice while striving to make a better life for herself. The backlash is because the author failed miserably. It doesn't take a genius to know that designating good or bad with skin color is always a horrible move. And yet, we see it all the time. Not just in this comic, but in various comics today (i.e. dark elfs, demons, and other nefarious characters in recent manga are portrayed with dark skin and are inherently described or act with malicious intent). Your comments about community are far too narrowminded and ignorant.

Aggregator gang
fucking sjw with their bullshit at it again,
it makes sense in the universe, so deal with it, fucking 21th century i swear

Honestly this whole debate about the mc skin is dumb and become even dumber when people only think highly of the mc based by her skin rather than her whole person which including her physical aspect, her personality aspect and her social aspect.

but.... wouldn't the rest of the story...kinda change?乁( •_• )ㄏ like... the author probably did the change in skin colour for a reason.... probably the development of different heights of emotions in the mc ┐(´ー`)┌ .. don't get me wrong... I LUV HER CHOCO CHOCO BABY look but... it's probably for the sake of plot and showcase of her thoughts about the other characters because... let's face it... the people in the manga are all mixed .... I mean there are good people and like-her-heck-of-a-parent people... I think the people who work on this manga will pour more sweat.......

besides... maybe we're just overthinking the aim of the author...bout the stuff like racism,discrimination,politics, blah blah

....just passin' by¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
not gonna lie, the white claudia made more sense.
i don't like it. but it made more sense. because appearance play a big part in how human comprehend things.

so white claudia would be easier to accept(and fawned on,regardless of her wants) than black claudia.

ex : i know bugs is good for the environment. still don't like it. even the pretty ones like butterfly

as I thought dark skin colour suit Claudia the most~ never thought light colour suits her... NEVER!!! since the beginning is darkened in colour then it must always be till the end!

Thank you for our chocolate Claudia back. The essential of this chapter was that, while she was blessed by the dark king most people saw her as a threat, the KINGDOM saw her as threat so I think it's right she lashed out like that. It was warranted, I mean, she could only hold it in for so long right.
Anyways, thanks much for this.

Dex-chan lover
@Mogima Not all bugs are good for the environment, if you got rid of the mosquitoes that bite humans for example, it would just get rid of mosquito bites on humans.

Dex-chan lover
I read both versions and greatly prefer dark Claudia, but the previous version was better. She's got two gifts now, so obviously she'd have a physical change for both since she took on a dark tone from being reborn as the villainess. Jet black hair from the darkness, fair pale skin from the light; it was a perfectly fine thing from a storytelling perspective, even if she lost her appealing aesthetic. This change was not a good one, no matter how much I prefer the nice chocolate tones. From a story perspective, her changing to a lighter skin tone and the folks around her being so enamored by the new Claudia was a good reminder of the terrible situation she was in before. The happily never after she's living. Now, it's the equivalent of "Oh, she just won the lottery. BETTER SUCK UP TO HER NOW!"

Also, I'm sure there's some political blabber going on in the comments over skin tones. I ain't reading all of them because the post count is out of hand, but it's almost positively something that someone said by now.

Aggregator gang
@mackowacko
And i already said countless of times that it was an isekai, not the 21st century earth,

And my point is this isnt about condeming black people on their dark skin but its about discrimination against those different from the norms. Its a cliche to use the
"unsual" as the form of evil. Black hair and black eyes, in a world of people with colorful hair and eyes. White hair and red eyes= evil vampire.and now we have this black hair+black skin in a world where "african race" doesnt exist. So its not about racism when theres no such a thing as "African" race to begin with. 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread