I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

@Reimos I for one rather pissed about the change because it pushes the narrative that whiter is more attractive. Kinda like that China ad where they shoved a black guy into a washing machine. She was my dark-skinned asian (even though they're totally european in the story) representation </3

noooo my chocolate waifu
308057899014211.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
IS THIS A FEVER DREAM!?!?!?!?!
Anywho nice chapter thank you for translating this

I guess it’s my turn too:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. xD

But seriously now, I don’t think the authors choice was the correct one. The theme of this series was about dealing with a society that doesn’t accept you because you’re different.

Making her white ruined the concept that the author brought and shifts it to how she now has to accept herself and recognize her real friends.

But seriously... she was like “Oh... okay” when the white spirit king white washed her but then went berserk when her fake parents where acting like victims. Okay, it’s believable but the fact that she showed ZERO emotions on her face until now and went bonkers because of her parents was over the top. I would believe it more if she behaved the same AFTER being turned white instead of just accepting it. It feels to me like accepting being white instead of tanned, is to not accept yourself. She accepted being white but behaves like that when people behave differently when she grew up in a prejudiced society that hated her for the color of her skin.

So basically, she is OKAY with being white now but not with how fake people behave when she knew that the ONLY reason they hated her is because of the color of her skin that showed how strong blessing. Yeah, okay. I’m not mad or anything. I’m going to continue reading this, I like story but felt the execution was bad.

Dex-chan lover
@ThunderaMaou
It's not like she spends her days looking at a mirror. So being brown, white or even purple isn't that important - what's important is how people react to her. And it's gradually sunk in that they want to gaslight her about how horrible they were - not a pleasant sensation.

@AlmondMagnum I am born black and also don’t look myself in the mirror everyday because I know who I am. But if a magic fairy came out of nowhere and made me white because of a reward I would not like that. She grew up in a prejudiced society and knew they were fake people, most of them are acting now but she knows who these people are. Her father even sent his young daughter to war.

Hey, maybe I’m trying to project myself into the MCs shoes to digest what I am reading. But don’t most of us to that to immerse ourselves into a story?

Dex-chan lover
imagine if grace decided to, after confronting all the people who shunned her now that she has the light blessing, ask the spirit king to either remove it because she felt happy knowing that there are still those who liked her for who she is, or asked for the effect to not show outwardly so that she can use it to judge those who judges her based solely on the outward appearance. Might not happen but hey, wishful thinking

Though I miss her previous skin color, I do find it interesting how the author shows how superficial people are to change their attitudes towards her just because her skin is white now. Seeing how race/skin color can't be changed easily in real life, realistically it's like a fat person who just became slim and beautiful to society feeling bitter about the difference in treatment. You're still the same person, but people only judge you based on your looks and it makes you question any good will you are now given.

@ThunderaMaou
she was reincarneted,so its not like she was black anyways lol.Plus,she does not care about her skin color being white or black herself.Do you hate the fact that your hair is gonna be white soo much that you just can't be immersed to a story where someone doesn't care about her hair color? + the theme of this story isn't that shes diffrent so they dont want to play with her,its that "dark god" has blessed her,so even her own parents are scared of what she might do,but they can't just kill of a child cuz she was born with a blessing of a god.Since what happened back then where black god destroyed the country or something,and probably some other things they are scared of that.Not the "skin color" .The reason they are not afraid of her now is that the one they see as "good" the white god,has blessed her too.So now they think that there is no reason the be scared,shes a good person the "white god" is on her side.The same reason they thought the girl who tried to kill all of them with a knife to "wake them up" was a good person.The reson why she "went berserk when her fake parents where acting like victims" was i think what AlmondMagnum said.

İ dunno,i get that you are trying to think like you are the main character to immerse yourself more,but yea...

Normally, I am against people trying to act all woke, but this actually pissed me off. I can't believe they just whitewashed her like that and thought it would be okay. Couldn't they just give her highlights or something???

Users who are viewing this thread