I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

God dammit they should have not turned her into white skinned, instead make it subtle like give her a streak of white hair like Anna from Frozen or just make a gradient at the tips

Imagine being this upset a fictional character isn't a spear-chucking zulu warrior, holy shit.

I like the newer version of raw and damn dont play victim card here that my card to play XD

Dex-chan lover
Wait, the publishers changed her skin back? Solves the problem of having get used to her looking far too different in the art, since it was a noticeable shift when it first happened.

@The_H_Guy iirc, her being dark skinned and hair is a symbol for having the favor of the Dark spirit. So people actually recognized her first by appearance, hence, discriminated her by color. People from war were not so scared of her now because she saved them but people from capital still somewhat prejudiced. Now she got blessing changing her appearance a bit but apparently her skin just became whiter.

Dex-chan lover
@Xirre
Yeah, is basically a mark of the damned. Not different from having a satanist pentacle tattooed on her body.
THAT's the reason she was discriminated. Not cause she represented a minority, another race, or cause black=fat/ugly.
They hated her cause she was considered a damned soul. Her dark skin just represented her tie with the dark king. And no, is not "prejudice". It would have been prejudice if she was born with dark skin for some reason and people would call her witch and wanted to burn her for it while she had nothing to do with demons and stuff. This is prejudice: assuming bad things because of superstitions or stereotypes.
She IS the chosen one of the dark king. And THIS IS literally the reason she got a tan.

Well there are people who have been nice to her despite her being blessed by the dark spirit king, just abandon your family and go be with people who actually like you, don't act like there's nobody who likes you brat

She should have turned into a mixed raced tone(?), instead of just completely turning from black to white

Double-page supporter
I'm not so happy with the execution.
First of all it was clear in the previous chapters that the discrimination Claudia faced was linked to the dark spirit king protection and not to her appearance per se, but her aspect just announced to the world that she is the one protected by the the Darkness SK
Also it was stated that it wasn't only her skin to cause discrimination but her EYES and HAIRS too. Just whitening her skin but without changing the other aspects wouldn't be enough to reverse discrimination story wise. Not without what happened become of public knowledge, after that even if her aspect was the same, she would have been met with a shifted disposition (so without invalidating the next story arc).
Another point is: Gerald embraced her with his protection, a sort of Higher Order blessing, that give her that appearance. Grace instead just gave her a normal/small blessing, and it seems strange that this would have caused a shift of her skin colour so much. If the author would have a significant marker to show about this then maybe it could have being a small birthmark (on the face or on one hand) on the skin and a small group of hair becoming blonde/white, while still showing the predominance of the DSK blessing.

P.S Too late, too little is a boss response in this kind of situation. Also Amelia: "Grace end her", Grace : "NO", Ok I'm dead

Dex-chan lover
@llde maybe it was only the skin because it was a lesser blessing?

@The_H_Guy she's literally prejudged because of her connection to the dark spirit king. It is prejudice, based on the superstition/myth from the last time it happened.

lkw

she was so cute when she was black but I am happy she did not immediately forgive them! I hope they have to earn her trust or she is allowed to be happy away from them possibly just to find her own happiness.

Why skin change??? She should have stayed dark skinned. Let people change their views.

Thank god She didn't forgive them easily.

Users who are viewing this thread