I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Double-page supporter
@winkookchurro Thing is, Claudia herself acknowledges this issue and even brought it up in this very chapter. While she wasn't directly talking about her skin, she was talking about the blessing she received from Grace. Everyone shunned her because of the Dark Spirit King's favor and her skin color was simply a representation of his blessing. Now that she is also blessed by the Light Spirit King, with her lighter skin color representing Grace's favor, people now think favorably of Claudia, but only because of that and not because of her as a person or because of her actions thus far. This obviously frustrates Claudia and she expresses this distaste, thus showing that the author themself is aware of this issue. Of course, the focus right now is how everyone wants to be on her side now and specifically how it's far too late, but at least the author isn't ignoring this problem. This situation ain't perfect, not by a long shot, but it's nice that the main character, and thus by extension the author, is addressing this difference in treatment based on who Claudia is favored by(and thus indirectly her skin color) and pointing out how bullshit it is.

awesome chapter, thanks! Also, she was supposed to have white skin from the beginning guys, her parents and family all has white skin. And it's not about the skin tone, it's about how dark magic was like a sin in that world, not about skin color tone :c . She was feared because of DARK magic, she was mistreated because of her super powerful power, not because of her skin color. Since she could have easily blow up a whole country, so... Don't make this a racial thing :c

Dex-chan lover
My message got moderated but i don’t even remember what my message was besides the fact japs can’t appreciate the choco goodness of waifus

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation 😆👍🏼❤️

WTF!? God damned fucking white washed her... Fucking not cool...

Fed-Kun's army
@bianka00 exactly what I’ve been saying, but no one’s listening unfortunately, if their mindset is like that then they’re saying the “heroine” was treated nicely because she’s light skin like everyone else, it seriously doesn’t make sense to think like that. It was all about the blessings nothing more.

Double-page supporter
I find the skin color change...distasteful. Couldn't she have gotten blonde hair? Or maybe a streak of blonde or something? I dunno. It just feels discomforting. I know the whole point was not to call dark skin evil, just that the dark magic gave her darker skin, and dark magic isn't evil. But I wish her skin stayed darker. I still like the story, but I don't think I'll be as invested in it anymore. I think she looked better darker, it was a nice change to have a darker-skinned MC.

Dex-chan lover
@FgoSegul
Wrong. There is plenty of "choco" waifus.
especially from when they finally started to appreciate the ganguro/gyaru fashion.

Dex-chan lover
"Unheard of for a typical lady"
Is that because I'm black?... Wait, I'm not black anymore....

Contributor
I mean I read the spoilers, but boy was it still a shock when it happened. Definitely a solid "oof," this is baaaaad

lpe

She was prettier with her dark skin :'(

Also i kind of get why she reacted like that to her parents, but i think it was a really dumb decision.
Obviously, you can't always keep your emotions in check, so maybe she didn't intend to react like this but did anyways.
Hope it wont bring her harm in the future.

Dex-chan lover
@The_h_guy I disagree with that statement on a personal level. The gyaru fashion is just that, a fashion. They are just vanilla dipped in chocolate not the true chocolate goodness that the japanese should be appreciating. I will say in fairness however that mc is closer to a gyaru since her skin color was influenced by dark king spirit guy at birth or whatever as opposed to being chocolate regardless. Also it’s kinda weird to continue with the chocolate-vanilla talk when it’s not in a joking or half serious way so i’ll just refer to them normally for my response to your response about my response to your response about my comment.

I have heard your call brother and I will begin. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Wow, i was expecting it to turn out like this, but it ended up so much better.
Also over 600 comments on this? Man, this manga feels nice to read, and it's getting it's deserved attention.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no my dark queen what have you done ahhhhhhh REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! 😦 I knew this was coming. Also, seeing Grace, I think I might have a career, isekai-ing as a spirit King? (I'll still aim to be a demon King first, though. All I have to do is set up progressively difficult stages and relax for x amount of years until a hero comes.)

Users who are viewing this thread